Status
Please reply by conversation.

deltadave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
Atlanta
Hey all,

Still loving the HR20, it will take time to get used to the switch from TIVO but I am adaptable and will grow into the new formats. I do miss having sound effects when I FF or Rewind programs (helps you know how fast you are going) and don't seem to have sound effects for satellite alignment and that would be helpful. There is a "sound effects" tab in the "audio" page but it is not yet usuable.

I may be easy to please because I have heard complaints on the HD picture but I am still blown away and find myself channel surfing though the HD channels because I am in awe of the quality.

I do have an issues though with the Discovery Channel and ESPNHD. Very pixelated and always looking for a signal. I assume the dish is out of line but without those sound effects it's going to be hard for me to line it. A question though - does anyone know what satellite Sunday ticket games come off of??? I am going to be at work tomorrow when the games start and want to tape the Bengals. I am just worried that with ESPNHD and Discovery issues that I may not be able to pickup the ST channels without fixing the dish today. What do you all think?

Also - anyone having program guide issues? I do a search for "King of Queens" and "THE King of Queens" and I get nothing. I only found one episode manually but I went forward two days in the program guide and noticed over 70% of the program info on channels missing. Thoughts?

Thanks for reading!
dave

One more thing guys and gals. Not that this feature does much for me but I do have caller ID at home but everytime the phone rings, the TV says "Incoming call, contact your phone company to order caller ID". The only options on the menu are to turn call notification on or off. No set up features. I wonder what could be wrong with this?

deltadave said:
No set up features. I wonder what could be wrong with this?
---------
The software interface on the HR-20 is much like the R15, which also has a caller
ID problem....if you do search on the R-15, using "caller id" I'm sure you could
find some discussions...I'm hoping a software update can fix the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)