HR22, can the 2nd tuner be disabled?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cavemantrader

Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
With an HR22-- is there a way to turn off the 2nd tuner? I recognize that this would prevent me from watching 1 program while recording another, but I don't need that functionality.

Thanks

Why does it matter - it isn't costing you ANYTHING extra for the 2nd tuner anyway.
It's not like E*'s DVR's, where they charge you for the 2nd tuner if you don't have a phone line, you know...

Remove the cable for Tuner2 and rerun the setup and you should be functional with 1 tuner. But if the receiver is already setup would you want to use only 1 tuner?

My reason for removing the 2nd tuner has nothing to do with cost. I'd be happy to pay for it, if that would solve my problem.

The problem is that I'm trying to figure out how to make my new SWM install handle 12 tuners, while some people have told me that it is limited to 8. I thought that I could get 99% of the benefit of a DVR while only using one tuner in each box.

I can't disconnect a wire on the back of the unit because only one wire goes into the box. Also, the unit only has one authorization card, so I can't remove a 2nd card.

Thanks

My reason for removing the 2nd tuner has nothing to do with cost. I'd be happy to pay for it, if that would solve my problem.

The problem is that I'm trying to figure out how to make my new SWM install handle 12 tuners, while some people have told me that it is limited to 8. I thought that I could get 99% of the benefit of a DVR while only using one tuner in each box.

I can't disconnect a wire on the back of the unit because only one wire goes into the box. Also, the unit only has one authorization card, so I can't remove a 2nd card.

Thanks

If this is what you are trying to do then removing the cable will not work. The HR22 supports both tuners without the use of two cables.

Thanks

Seeing these SWM 's are very new, you going to have to search for those that have them and have set them up thier self.
Seeing your in an area that has them available, ask the next D* installer you see.

Jimbo

With an HR22-- is there a way to turn off the 2nd tuner? I recognize that this would prevent me from watching 1 program while recording another, but I don't need that functionality.

Thanks
I have read in past threads in another forum that on HRXX series, you can turn off a tuner in the sattelite setup screen. I have never tried it though, but you might want to try re-running setup to see.

repeat satellite setup...at satellite setup screen change tuners from dual to single...that should remove the channel for the 2nd tuner from the swm lnb, allowing to add another channel...hope this helps...good luck

repeat satellite setup...at satellite setup screen change tuners from dual to single...that should remove the channel for the 2nd tuner from the swm lnb, allowing to add another channel...hope this helps...good luck

hugromieo,
this appears to have worked perfectly. Thanks very much. This will allow me to have more DVRs (that can record only the channel that I'm tuned to) without using as many of the 8 tuners that my SWM will allow.

Thanks very much.:D

You dug up a 2.5 year old thread ?

The HR22 has 2 tuners built into it.
On the back of the unit if your not using a SWM, you'll need a Sat feed to each Sat connection.

Can you record a show and change the channel, if so you have two tuners working.

Old thread came up from my search.

During setup I switched from dual to single as I had only one line going to the HR 22. I then added another line but could get no signal on tuner two.

I switched this cable to tuner 1 and got signal indicating that both lines were live. However when I went to check sat signal only line 1 was reporting. I then did a system reset and all is fine now, thanks.

Old thread came up from my search.

During setup I switched from dual to single as I had only one line going to the HR 22. I then added another line but could get no signal on tuner two.

I switched this cable to tuner 1 and got signal indicating that both lines were live. However when I went to check sat signal only line 1 was reporting. I then did a system reset and all is fine now, thanks.

When you did they system reset it detected your 2nd tuner. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)