HR2x / R22 Software Release 0x02AF / 0x02B0

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

severe

Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Long Beach, CA
My HD-DVR just finished downloading (02AF).

"We've upgraded your receiver with some great new improvements!

- QuickTune: Save your 9 favorite channels in one place for easy, rapid tuning. While watching TV full screen, press the UP key on the remote to bring up QuickTune.

- New music channels: We've added Sonic Tap to our mix of music. You can find the new channels starting at channel 870 and above."

The Blue eye was staring at me this morning. 02af downloaded at 3:31. I like the 9 favorite channels screen. The new music channels do nothing for me.

Now we wait for the problem reports.

Both of my HR20's got the download at 2:31 AM. I haven't had much time to play around with the receivers to see if there are any apparent problems but they're working so for the time being that's the good news.

HR2x / R22 Software Release 0x02AF 12/17/08

There is new software for all MPEG 4 DVR Receivers starting 12/17/08 including:
HR20-100- HR20-700- HR21-100- HR21-200- HR21-700- HR21Pro- HR22-100- HR22-200- HR23-700- R22-100 & R22-200

The contents of this release are the following:

New Features:
  • QuickTune
  • New HD Logos
  • New Background screen for Music Channels
  • Advanced Remote Support for up to 8 remote controls
Improved/Updated:
  • Faster Guide Scrolling
  • Support for more 1080p TV models
  • In QuickMenu, the “Caller ID & Msgs” is now “Caller ID”
  • In QuickMenu, the “Customer Care & Help” is now “Customer Care & Msgs”
  • Added warning OSD if system reboot needed because system information cannot be received. This occurs because the customer cannot get the 119 signal and the installation needs this issue resolved. The OSD reads: "Your Guide has not been receiving new program information. Resetting the receiver should fix the problem. Select OK to reset now."

Probably a dumb question, but...

Are software updates automatic? If so, are the auto when on a CE currently?

What is "Quicktune"? Does that mean the channel switches quicker?

About Quicktune:
You access the new quicktune feature byhitting the up arrow on your remote. It will pop up with a 3x3 grid guide, so you can quicktune to your favorite channel. You can customize it to your favorite channels and switch them on the go whenever you feel like it.

About 8 remote codes:

If I understand corectly, the receiver now supports up to 8 unique IR codes (the previous limit was 2) so that if you have multiple receivers in the same room, you can configure each receiver to a different remote.

I am new to D*, are these updates automatic or is there something I need to do like power cycle my receiver?

Generally releases are staggered over a few days or weeks.

Typically the start on the west and work east by zip codes.

Your receiver will download automatically during the overnight when your receiver is authorized.

If you are on a CE, it will update like any other customer, unless you already have the same version as the new release.

Thanks Jason! I was assuming that was the case but thought I would aske to be sure.

Agreed, QuickTune is something I've been looking for since the jump from cable. Favorites was a bit too much, for the simple task of just jumping to a favorite channel. My old cable box would jump through my favorites in channel number succession. I think I like this QuickTune feature even more.

The 2 shows I recorded tonight are both very jittery during playback (Gary Unmarried an Criminal Minds), live on the same stations seem fine, just recorded shows.

I'm going to try a reset in a bit and see if that maybe clears it up.

I just restarted my Criminal Minds recording and now its working fine

I'm befuddled

Bill

Last edited:
Yep, QuickTune was something we had with the first few generations (maybe 2 - 4 / maybe all) of Sony made units; glad to see it back.

I'd like to see the Quick 9 feature auto-populate with your most watched channels. That way, if you viewing habits change, so does your Quick 9.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)