HR2x / R22 Software Release 0x02AF / 0x02B0

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anybody else noticing audio problems with this release? They seem to be much more frequent than before. Also, the guide seems less responsive to me than the previous national release.

QuickTune is a plus.

I'd like to see the Quick 9 feature auto-populate with your most watched channels. That way, if you viewing habits change, so does your Quick 9.

My old cable company released a newer box that handled favorites this way. Hated it. The lack of control killed it for me. Not to mention, the feature was 3 menus deep in the OS.

At any rate, I wanted to be up and running right away, not to let the box "learn" my habits. My old "favorites" button was how I watched TV. I returned the new box, with many new features, for this reason alone. It was less than I year before I jumped to satellite.

I think the key here is to just make it easy to access and add new channel to your favorites, which QuickTune seems to accomplish. And the logo view is a bonus.

Anybody else noticing audio problems with this release?...

So far, so good on my end.

Still have 0x29b here in Illinois. Tried rebooting my HR20-700 but that didn't help. Perhaps if there is something I want to watch tonight it will download then lol.

I still have 029b in High Point, NC too. However, my brother-in-law who just got D* and an HR21 already has 02AF. He lives in Harnett County NC which is about half-way in between Raleigh, NC and Fayettevile, NC.

I'd like to see the Quick 9 feature auto-populate with your most watched channels. That way, if you viewing habits change, so does your Quick 9.

That's a good idea. I'd like to see the grid expanded to 16 or 25 channels, like my old Sony HD200. IIRC, it had two panels of 25.

My HD-DVR just finished downloading (02AF).

"We've upgraded your receiver with some great new improvements!

- QuickTune: Save your 9 favorite channels in one place for easy, rapid tuning. While watching TV full screen, press the UP key on the remote to bring up QuickTune.

- New music channels: We've added Sonic Tap to our mix of music. You can find the new channels starting at channel 870 and above."

The QuickTunes update is cool. As far as the the Sonic addition goes, are the available stations package specific :confused: (I have the Premier Choice) because half of the stations are giving me the not purchased message.

I got the update today on both of my HR2xs. I don't know why they elected to tell us about the Sonic channels in this update. They've been available for about a month.

Got mine this morning. Quick tune is indeed a great feature!!

02AF was replaced today with 02B0 due to some receivers losing their ToDo list overnight on 2/10/09. There are no changes to the notes, it is just targeted at fixing this issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts