Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
I called today to inquire on an HR34, spoke to the resolution department and was told they are doing the $300 rebate for existing customers. She checked with her manager and verified and noted it on my account.

The tricky part, she had no details on how the rebate is applied or what it is, wether it is account credit, a prepaid visa gift card, etc. She did note my account so I can call back and get details (they were having system trouble with all the changes/updates overnight). I'm sure if something falls through with the note on the account they can figure something out.

They did charge a $49 install fee, would not waive it and would not ship the HR34 receiver, said installation is required.

Install setup for Saturday morning this weekend. Now I just need to hope they have it instock at the local center, hit the Saturday night CE and hope, and figure out what I need to do for the rebate (and hope they were right so I don't have to fight for $300).

$472 with taxes (MI 6%) /install, less $300 rebate, $172 for the HR34!

Yeah, I don't understand why they won't waive the install if you already are a SWM installation.

In my case, I'd take out the one splitter, disconnect two HR24s and stick the HR34 in there. Simple, should take no more than about 10 minutes including unboxing! :)

It could be account specific, they waived an install for me last year on a HR24 install and swm upgrade.

i just tried and was told i do not qualify for the rebate, have not been with them long enough.

i just tried and was told i do not qualify for the rebate, have not been with them long enough.

How long have you been with them?

On the other site, there are indications that some are getting the HR34 for $99 without rebate by going through retentions. I've been with D* since last August and am concerned that saying 'cancel' might not work for me and maybe even against me.

I posted this on the "other" site.....
Just got off the phone with them....total out of pocket was $104.94 (no rebate) with a new HR-34, an additional free HD-DVR ( I know it may not be an HR-24), free installation, and a year of Showtime for free!! So all told I will have an HR-34 and 3 HR-DVR's (I have currently have 2 HR-24's - the 3rd will replace an H-24...the new 34 will replace another H-24).

Being as I have been with DTV for only two weeks I should be required to payy $99 plus installation fee. I would pay that but I'm not paying almost $500 and have to wait for a rebate. I guess I'll call retention and tell them if they can't do better than $500 upfront cost then come and take the system and I'll go back to Dish!!!

huskerhead, did you talk to a CSR or retentions?

Yes, I always go that route. Say cancel twice. Every time I've talked to them they've offered up goodies. And I have only been with Directv for 20 months. My latest bill (Ultimate) was $40 with all their discounts (and AAA and one referral discount). He offered up a free HD-DVR and Showtime before letting me go (I didn't ask).

Im thinking on getting one as well, although I will get one through a local dealer so as to bypass the mandatory install. I don't need to go thru the hassel of scheduling an appt when I can hook it up in minutes myself, then phone it in.

If I was to upgrade to the hr34. I would change up a hd receiver for the hr34 that would give me two hr24's and a hr34. Might call later and see what they are offering. Though I would have really think about it that would be a contract extender plus whole home fee, plus swm install

Well, color me sad! :(

I've not been with them long enough to get a decent deal. Full price for the HR34 @$399+$50 upgrade fee+$50 installation means no sale.

What it might mean going forward is that when I hit the one-year mark, and the rebates die off, I'll revisit and see what dickering they have in mind then. Of course by then the ETF will be down to $240 and Dish's Hopper/Joey will have been put through the wringer which means I'll have some thinking to do possibly.

Or maybe I'll just not do anything at all at that point in time.

Off to cry in my beer!!! :)

SolidSignal is your friend in buying extra/upgrades for your theater! you pay super great price and free shipping!:popcorn

to bad the HR34 is the same price their as direct

Actually no it isn't. With D*, if you can't get the rebate deal, the total outlay will either be $450 with installation, or $500 if installed and you have to pay upgrade fee.

With SolidSignal, you pay $399. No shipping, no install fee, no upgrade fee. If I thought the HR34 was worth $399, that's where I'd buy it.

I had heard that if existing customers were getting the rebate, it was a mistake and it's not going to happen for long.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts