HR34 Existing Customer Discounts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I called in today and I was offered Whole home DVR, and the new hr34 for a total of $199 plus 49.99 install fee
I do not have the whole home DVR so I think that is a pretty good deal. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

$250 HR34 and whole home upgrade, seems like a decent price.

My 2 year contract with Direct TV was going to end in March so I called to let them know that I was switching to Dish. The Retention Depart in Tennessee gave me $15 off for 2 years and told me I could switch my HR23 for the HR34 when it was released on 02/09/12. I called today and talked with the Retention Department in Texas to order the HR34 and they said she never notated my account about switching the boxes but the $15 credits were already applied. I spoke with the supervisor and he offered me a $50 discount for the HR34 but insisted I would not get it for free. I made another call to the Direct TV Retention Department and finally talked with someone who was willing to help me and when it was all said and done I got the HR34 free of charge; if I was willing to install it myself and sign a new 2 year contract. He said they would Fed-Ex me the HR34 and that I would ship them back my current HR23 in the same box.

when it was all said and done I got the HR34 free of charge; if I was willing to install it myself and sign a new 2 year contract
Now that's a good deal. I'm going HR34 shopping myself today.

what a joke

so I call in and get probably the same guy who was on 2 1/2 men as the "doctor"....if you dont remember Charlie went to the pharmacy for a prescription and Russell (the pharmacist) had to talk to Dr Gobbly Gingo or something (in India) and the joke was at the end the phone rings and the Dr picks up and says "Die-Rect customer service this is Phil"
He says to me "they cant guarantee a specific model of a DVR" (huh????) and the best thing to do is to buy in online. I said it isnt available yet online for current subs and was told "well keep checking the site until it was available"...but he was pretty gung ho about trying to sell me movies

2nd guy said $400 + $50 install. I talked to him about another issue and didnt like the answer I got for that. But that isnt about the HR34 ;)

This is just the typical D* routine it seems. Are you going through retention? It seems that is generally needed to get a deal, but even then it isn't a given. And while it does seem that those of us in the 1st year aren't going to get a deal, the deals offered for others is a very mixed bag. Seems to depend on who you talk to, what mood they are in at the time of your call, the phase of the moon and other oddities. As with all D* deals, it can be frustrating as hell to get them!

I'll try that and see

If I cant get the HR34 I would like to swap my 2 R22's and the H23 for a "legit" HD DVR with no contract. Want to reduce some costs and can't do much with the R22's (since I need a "legit" HD receiver on the account to get the HD on the R22's)

cripes...no go

got retention and for the HR34 its $400. I then asked about the R22 swapping to a HR (I told him I'd return the 2 R22's and the H23 if they would send me a HR) and that would be an "upgrade" and $200. I think the guy was clueless as I said "well it would be cheaper to keep the 2nd receiver and pay $6 a month" and he said "well if you upgrade there wouldnt be the $6 fee as you'd have one receiver...."

$200 up front or $6 x 24 months = $144

I thought about trying the "receiver crapped out" line but knowing my luck they'd charge me $20 to ship it out and send to the wrong address...

The whole thing is a mess, some are still getting the break, but it seems they've tightened up a bit from yesterday. But there are many that are saying it might take more than one call to retention to get them off the dime! Worth a try and the worse thing that could happen is that they still say no.

In my case, it is apparent that the 1st years are not going to get it. Not one single posting from a first year indicating any sort of discount.

When I call I keep hitting "0" until they get me a Representative. next I ask, When does my contract end? Then they transfer me to a random Retention Department. Sometime before I end the call I will ask them what state they're from? avoid Texas.

If you're going to give some existing customers the discount on the 34 then you give ALL existing customers the same discount. If some don't get it then all must not get it. Simple as that.

My system isn't wired for the whole-home DVR system and I called last night about getting the whole-home DVR system installed. The following is what they quoted me, and I don't know what kind of DVR they are giving me. Does this seem typical or is it too high? I'm not on contract currently.
YOUR EQUIPMENT SELECTION
1DIRECTV Plus[SUP]®[/SUP] HD DVR$0.00
1Cinema Connection Kit$199.00
1Sales Order Credit-$50.00
Equipment Total$149.00

ADDITIONAL
Installation Fee $49.00
Delivery & Handling Fee $0.00
Tax $15.84
Order Total Paid*$213.84

I just called the retentions department after getting my most recent bill to see what options I had.
I have a single HR23-700 in my living room, and will be looking to use that in another room.
Was offered the HMC as well as an additional receiver for 103.99 after tax, so 3 rooms total.

Told them I would have to talk with the other half before pulling the trigger.
One thing of note perhaps... I've been a D* customer for going on 4 years, and have never called to see what discounts I could get.

The only thing that I'm hesitant about is thinking that the DirecTV RVU branded clients are right around the corner, and that I'll get fcked if I place the order now.

What are your thoughts?

Ordered an HR34 off ebay, ended up speding $355 shipped. Braved to cold today to switch LNBs and run three more lines into the house from the dish, an dinstalled the SWM16 into the basement. Spent $50 on the SWM16 last week (used). Damn wind chills below zero all day, no fun at all. All is running good, should get the HR34 toward the end of the week, then I'll have an owned H24 and SWM LNB kit to sell and recoupe some of the costs on the new stuff.

I think when I'm done selling the stuff I no longer need I'll be into the HR34 about $250.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts