HR34 Existing Customer Discounts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

insider66

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 11, 2012
Texas
huskerhead said:
Yep, me too - moving my existing HR-24 to another room. And then I'll have to download the CE tomorrow night so I can have the HD guide again.

Had my appointment today, unfortunately they didn't have any in stock will have to try again next week.

huskerhead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 12, 2003
Urbandale, Iowa
Had my appointment today, unfortunately they didn't have any in stock will have to try again next week.

Yikes! That's not good. I have the 34 and a free HD DVR coming...will have 3 HD-DVR's (2 HR24's - hopefully 3) and the 34....if their in stock. Did they call you in advance about the OOS issue?

insider66

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 11, 2012
Texas
huskerhead said:
Yikes! That's not good. I have the 34 and a free HD DVR coming...will have 3 HD-DVR's (2 HR24's - hopefully 3) and the 34....if their in stock. Did they call you in advance about the OOS issue?

Yes they called me very early to reschedule so I wouldn't have to wait around all day. I can't complain it's all free kind of get a discount through work.

Phil T

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Littleton, Colorado
FYI, my installer on Tuesday said HR34's and 24's are in tight supply. He said the one I got was scheduled to go to a employee who now was going to have to wait. I asked them about upgrading a HR21 to a 24 but he said he had no 24's on the truck and all they were getting right now were HR21,22 & 23 referbs, even for new installations.

rise&demise

SatelliteGuys Family
May 27, 2010
Carolina
I got a HR21 refurb delivered earlier this week. Was hoping for an HR24 but no dice. Some other folks have experienced the same recently.

hclarkjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 6, 2009
PA
FYI, my installer on Tuesday said HR34's and 24's are in tight supply. He said the one I got was scheduled to go to a employee who now was going to have to wait. I asked them about upgrading a HR21 to a 24 but he said he had no 24's on the truck and all they were getting right now were HR21,22 & 23 referbs, even for new installations.
i guess all their success from last year with free sunday ticket for new subscribers caught up with them

CA_Tallguy

Feb 16, 2012
West Hollywood, CA
Talked to the retention folks today and they gave me an HR34, additional HD DVR, whole house rewiring ("WholeHome Upgrd & CCK") for $300 + tax. So now our household will have four regular HD DVR's and the HR34. The sales order lists three "sales order credit" items... one for $199 (which I think is for the whole home), another for $100 (which I think is a discount on the HR34), and another $49 credit to offset an "additional item" installation fee. The HR34 was listed on the order for $399 but the extra HD DVR was $0 on the order. I'm pretty satisfied overall with the deal. Didn't feel worth the time to try to negotiate further. They also are including a free year of Showtime and 6 months of Starz.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I am with DirecTV 9 months now. I called twice yesterday, two different reps, no deals for me. :(

Well, I did call twice last week and was shot down both times. However, this week I called and spoke with retentions and got it for $149 plus tax. It pays to be persistant! :)

seriously??? I've been with them 2 years and can't get any discounts :(

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Have not tried yet in the HR34 sweepstakes, not sure if I am ready to extend my contract. I may call today and if it's a good deal I may have to decide on the spot. I know I would also need the swm install as well

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Follow up: I called and I was offered regular price. I passed, not ready for almost a 600 dollar cost and contract extension

DVDDAD

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Huntington, Long Island, NY
Yes, Iceberg, I was surprised as you were. But I'm watching from my HR-34 now. I called on Wednesday afternoon and it was installed on Thursday morning too.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
well my HR34 gets installed (hopefully) tomorrow :whoo: :whoo:

Should be a pretty easy install. Unhook the splitter from behind the ent. center and hook to the PI then to the HR34. Hook up HDMI and power on.
Giving up the 2 R22's and the H23 for the HR34. Since the H23 isnt really used (but needed to get the HD on the R22's) I can hook the antenna up to that TV. The 2 R22's were in the same room already

Ended up with a pretty good deal. I'm happy :)

I think the "can't record because of conflict" screen wont rear its head very often anymore ;)

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Sweet - enjoy the upgrade, you'll actually lower your bill too :)

I installed mine yesterday, haven't setup timers yet, but it works, got the AM21 setup and removed my CCK using ethernet on the HR34 instead.

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Iceberg,

Glad to see you got a good deal and are getting it. If you got something other than the $99 + install, can you PM me. I'm thinking about making another run at them! :)

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
yep. Will be lowering the bill $12 by going from 3 receivers to one

Now the big task.....the series recordings I have set up. Have to write them down and hope they have at least one episode coming up. A few of my series are done for the season (those shows on A&E, TruTV and History).

Oh and to get all the shows watched that recorded in the last day or so ;)

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
well i just got off the phone with directv. i had emailed them yesterday asking what my status was with my contract. they email me back saying they wanted to talk to me so i received this phone number and a pin#. so i call and my contract is up in 3 months. they ask me why i wanted to know. i tell them i was considering maybe returning to dish for something called the hopper which is like a home media center and it would probably be free since i would be considered a new customer. he begins to tell me about the HR34. i tell him that sounds nice but what will i have to pay up front for it? he says the only thing i will have to pay is an additional $6 a month for the MRV service and a two year agreement. no charge on installation and no charge for the HR34.

it'll be here this sunday. i confirmed this twice with another D* rep that i wasn't going to be charged for anything. looks legit. i'm not shocked. D* has been good to me in the past. that's why i stay. i can finally get rid of that old HR20-700. i guess that offer i had for a free HD DVR helped in this situation. i'm happy.......

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
I guess I can say this here. The hr34 with a couple of receivers on mrv absolutely blows dish out of the water technology wise & price. The only thing the h/j has a leg up on is prime time whenever time.......:rolleyes: There is so much hype and commotion about this new product that it completely over shadows the fact that Directv is not only cheaper but with more functionality/tuners to do whatever with. The hopper/joey will come & go like a leaf in the wind with its limited capabilites, but the hr34 will be around for a loooong.................time with far fewer complaints than its counterpart. :popcorn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts