HR34 Existing Customer Discounts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
maybe they added the protection plan which is $5.99? if so i will be removing this :).

So I called twice today and when I called they second time, very nice women said, your calling about the HR34, :)

Well if anything, Direct takes good notes....and needless to say no discounts for me so I will pass on the HR34 and research other options

So I called twice today and when I called they second time, very nice women said, your calling about the HR34, :)

Well if anything, Direct takes good notes....and needless to say no discounts for me so I will pass on the HR34 and research other options

Yep, I was calling about dropping something else and asked while I was there. Still $399+install+Upgrade and still no sale as far as I'm concerned. I made a counter offer, they didn't like that either. So at the one year point, I'll revisit this. If it is still $399++, then I'll decide to either continue or switch. Of course, if they'd just get a unified todo list and series manager, I wouldn't care about it. I don't need the extra tuners.

Yep, I was calling about dropping something else and asked while I was there. Still $399+install+Upgrade and still no sale as far as I'm concerned. I made a counter offer, they didn't like that either. So at the one year point, I'll revisit this. If it is still $399++, then I'll decide to either continue or switch. Of course, if they'd just get a unified todo list and series manager, I wouldn't care about it. I don't need the extra tuners.

Yes I guess there offer to me was another HR24 for 149.00, was not interested

rey_1178 said:
so what is the $6? they said its a service for the HR34.

When I ordered my HR34 in December, sales reps were very confused and thought there was a $6 RVU fee. That is not the case, had the receiver for 3 months with no fee :)

Ended up with a pretty good deal. I'm happy :)
Do you mind telling what deal you were able to get? I think my 2 year deal might be nearing it's end so I was really wanting an HR34. 2 just doesn't cut it when there's like 10 NBA games on every night.

They gave me some money off of the HR34 to make it worth my while to upgrade. :) The big thing is I am now saving $12 on receiver fees which makes up for the price I had to pay.

I had 2 R22's and a H23 on the account. The only reason I had a H23 was to get HD. The R22's are "special" as they can be activated on a SD only account. If you have a "legit" HD receiver (HR or H) on the account the R22 "gets" HD. So I was paying $6 a month extra for HD. That H23 was on a seldom used SDTV. Both R22's were in the same room

By upgrading to the HR34 I gained a tuner to record and cut $12 off the bill a month. I am returning the 2 R22's and H23. That TV in the room where the H23 is I hooked the converter box back up :)

I called on Friday and the best they would do was $199 + professional install. Considering that I own a Super Buddy 29 to align my own dish, I'm not paying a pro install to unplug and replug 3 cables, so I declined.

Called Directv and asked retention about HR34 and was told that I had to get the wireless cinema connection kit. WTF Has anyone else been forced into this piece of equipment?

I got it thrown in when I got the HR34. I really didnt need it as all I have is the HR34 now but they were ncie enough to credit the price of the CCK

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pandora Missing?

PO'd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)