HR44 bug

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobpenn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 10, 2005
Just got a HR44 installed! But I think I see what appears to be a bug.

When you set the audio to Dolby Digital every once in awhile my stereo will only receive PCM. Further, when you turn off the Onkyo stereo and have the audio pass directly to the Pioneer Kuro TV, there is NO audio, most of the time. I need to change the audio settings on the 44 to PCM to hear audio on my TV with the stereo off.

Except, a couple of times I DID have the 44 set to Dolby Digital, then turned off the stereo, had the 44 directly pass through the Onkyo to the TV and I DID have audio. But when I turned off the TV and the 44 and powered them up, the audio went away until I returned to the PCM setting.'

The problem is, this never happened on my HR24. I could set it to Dolby Digital and the sound would pass along DD to the Onkyo when on, and normally to the TV when off.

Since I could make it work like the 24 a couple of times, I don't think it's a removed featured feature, but a bug.

Bob, if you don't mind, what is your zip code? I'm trying to see where the HR44 is in release outside of the beta markets.
BTW, I'm not sure if it's the HR44 causing your issues. My HR24 and HR20 do the same thing sometimes.

Just got a HR44 installed! But I think I see what appears to be a bug.

When you set the audio to Dolby Digital every once in awhile my stereo will only receive PCM. Further, when you turn off the Onkyo stereo and have the audio pass directly to the Pioneer Kuro TV, there is NO audio, most of the time. I need to change the audio settings on the 44 to PCM to hear audio on my TV with the stereo off.

Except, a couple of times I DID have the 44 set to Dolby Digital, then turned off the stereo, had the 44 directly pass through the Onkyo to the TV and I DID have audio. But when I turned off the TV and the 44 and powered them up, the audio went away until I returned to the PCM setting.'

The problem is, this never happened on my HR24. I could set it to Dolby Digital and the sound would pass along DD to the Onkyo when on, and normally to the TV when off.

Since I could make it work like the 24 a couple of times, I don't think it's a removed featured feature, but a bug.

Just curious, which Kuro do you have and how do you like it ?

I love mine, best TV I've ever owned.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts