HR44 is in route!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So do the clients slow the hr44 down? Are the clients slow?

The clients do not seem to slow the 44 down at all, it (44) is very fast.

The clients themselves are not as fast as the 44 (obviously), but they are decent enough. Faster than my first review on the day of install, or so it seems. The hopper joey combo seems faster on the client side still to me, but using a 41 wouldn't be an issue Imo.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You got updated Free ?

Was there a commitment you had to agree too ?
Of course there is a commitment for 2 years, at first I thought I was getting the HR34 but to my surprise it was the HR44, I had to talk to retention to get that freebie as CSR wouldn't go beyond the reg price.

Of course there is a commitment for 2 years, at first I thought I was getting the HR34 but to my surprise it was the HR44, I had to talk to retention to get that freebie as CSR wouldn't go beyond the reg price.

The regular price, what is the Reg price for the 44 ?

You talked them into giving it to you free ?

Wow. Freebie? I'm jealous. 375 bucks poorer.
But it's just money right? :)

Actually they don't guarantee specific models as the Genie could either be a HR34/44, But since they begun the rollout in this area in the Chicago DMA techs are now installing 44's, I actually thought of rescheduling since I thought they were still installing HR34's luckily I didn't, If you talk with the retention agents they would do things that reg CSR's won't do even with a supervisor present, I wanted a discount but to my surprise it was a free upgrade from retention since reg CSR's always quote me $299 plus $49 install fee. YMMV

Just ordered my Genie upgrade today. Talked to retention and got it and 2 Genie Mini's (This is what they are calling them now) for $50. Does anyone know what they are installing in the Charleston, SC market? Is it a 34 or 44? I rode around trying to find a Directv van in my neighborhood to ask them but could not find one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.