HR44 RF Remote that Controls AV Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

U235

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
I just got an HR44 and I'm upset that unlike past DIRECTV and Dish network remotes, it will not turn my AVR on or off. It does control the volume, so now I must unnecessarily leave my AVR on for maximum convenience.

I was going to get an RC66 remote, but I learned they don't work with HR44 using RF. Is there a DirecTV remote that works with RF on HR44 and can power on/off the AVR? I don't want a Logitech or any third party remote.

Thanks

I just got an HR44 and I'm upset that unlike past DIRECTV and Dish network remotes, it will not turn my AVR on or off. It does control the volume, so now I must unnecessarily leave my AVR on for maximum convenience.

I was going to get an RC66 remote, but I learned they don't work with HR44 using RF. Is there a DirecTV remote that works with RF on HR44 and can power on/off the AVR? I don't want a Logitech or any third party remote.

Thanks
Not as of now ....
This was the stupidity of D* changing thier RF frequencies for the newer recvrs ... I have yet to see a positive out of the change ...

Other than the TIVO people are probably happy because the new remote looks the same size and shape as the TIVO ones .

No. The RC71/2/3 are the only remotes that will operate the Genie in RF.
You would think with all the people that have complained about these remotes that they would have come out with a White (old style) that would work, just for those that don't like the new one.

The Old one does so much more.

Bummer, I guess I'll just leave the receiver on 24/7 which seems unnecessary and will also break my triggers which turn my amp off. Maybe I'll just leave the Pioneer Elite receiver remote nearby and use two remotes, not the end of the world.

Thanks all for confirming.

You would think with all the people that have complained about these remotes that they would have come out with a White (old style) that would work, just for those that don't like the new one.

The Old one does so much more.

It does, but I think that was the idea. They wanted to simplify the remote, but I think it was quite overdone.

My TV and receiver has ARC and I was able to program the remote to turn on the TV, Directv box and AV receiver. I have the new remote. If your TV and receiver does not have ARC it won't work to be able to turn the receiver on unfortunately.

My TV and receiver has ARC and I was able to program the remote to turn on the TV, Directv box and AV receiver. I have the new remote. If your TV and receiver does not have ARC it won't work to be able to turn the receiver on unfortunately.

I have ARC and it doesn't work with my denon. It will turn the TV on, which automatically powers on the Denon. The volume on my receiver doesn't seem to work with the RC71 period, only TV volume. The installer was still in my driveway when I pulled out my RC65RX and went on my merry way.

I have ARC and it doesn't work with my denon. It will turn the TV on, which automatically powers on the Denon. The volume on my receiver doesn't seem to work with the RC71 period, only TV volume. The installer was still in my driveway when I pulled out my RC65RX and went on my merry way.

ARC on the receiver and the TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts