HS17-100 (For those wondering)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The claim that the HS17 is IPTV only is a bunch of bull$hit. One of the Humax models has a FCC ID O6ZHS17, if you'll look that up, you'll find it is for a "Digital Satellite Receiver DVR." Why would a IP only box have a FCC ID that comes back as a digital satellite receiver. Also, why would it even have a female F connector on the back?

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I am told it a satellite receiver, but like a HR54 (or 20) can do VOD via IPTV.

I am also told no receiver with 4K output is coming in 2017. (Maybe that is what the lady from DIRECTV was meaning to tell me in Las Vegas when I met with DIRECTV.)

I am only passing along with what I am told. I don't have a horse in the game. :)

I am told it a satellite receiver, but like a HR54 (or 20) can do VOD via IPTV.

I am also told no receiver with 4K output is coming in 2017. (Maybe that is what the lady from DIRECTV was meaning to tell me in Las Vegas when I met with DIRECTV.)

I am only passing along with what I am told. I don't have a horse in the game. :)

Of course it's a satellite receiver, it has an input for a satellite dish, and has a SWM count on it. And of course it can do VOD over IP just like every other DirecTV receiver today.

Everyone in this thread seems to be getting way, way, way ahead of themselves, and the various people feeding Scott his info obviously have only part of the story.

It's clear that this is simply a Genie without a TV output and a built in wireless access point. If it was anything other than that, the documentation that has been leaked would have said so. They aren't going to make a huge leap all at once, this is clearly a step along a path they've been talking about. A headless gateway combined with the number of TVs with RVU built in is an obvious choice.

And of course this thing is going to be used for both residential and commercial. To make a DVR for exclusively accounts that aren't allowed a DVR would be dumb, and there is a clear need for this type of device in residential installs anyway.

Will they release a new interface to go along with this receiver? Overall I have very few complaints other than the guide. I wish that it had more hours visible and channel logos also. Similar to the hopper guide.
I would wager to guess no. Unless they release new clients (which is possible, but not necessary) the clients out now (c61, c31) would probably be the same ones they use with the new server (keeping in mind the new thing is simply a server, it doesn't output video).

That's kinda what I was figuring but a guy could hope. I assumed the only way the HS 17 would get a new UI would be to roll one out to all the receivers, not just the new one.

Presumably a wireless version of the C61, not the C61K

thanks

wonder if the hs-17 and clients still have the audio drop out issues people are complaining about on the directv forums

thanks

wonder if the hs-17 and clients still have the audio drop out issues people are complaining about on the directv forums

At the rate that AT&T is going right now, probably. They seem in no hurry to fix anything.

Some new information in...

I am just passing it along and have no way to verify it.

- 2tb hard drive
- 2 4k streams
- 7 clients, but at least 2 of them must be C61s for MoCA 2.0.
- Hardwiring from the customers router is preferred as this allows the hs17 to never require software downloads.
- You cannot have any stand alone receivers with a hs17. You either keep your system with h24/5s, HR24s, or HR44/54 and clients. It's all hs17 or nothing basically.

Some new information in...

I am just passing it along and have no way to verify it.

- 2tb hard drive
- 2 4k streams
- 7 clients, but at least 2 of them must be C61s for MoCA 2.0.
- Hardwiring from the customers router is preferred as this allows the hs17 to never require software downloads.
- You cannot have any stand alone receivers with a hs17. You either keep your system with h24/5s, HR24s, or HR44/54 and clients. It's all hs17 or nothing basically.

can you explain the bolded part? what software are they referring to?
not everyone has a router/internet

Scott, are you going to the Revolution conf?
seems like the place they may announce this

Scott, any confirmation on how many tuners it has, are we assuming 15 based on what the input says on the back?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts