HS17-100 (For those wondering)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I agree I bet 20 there is some bad wording there we are all trying to make something out of

just thought about this
with only minis there will be no more PIP
or will they put PIP in the mini software now?

only because people are spoiled by large tv's now
heck it can be much smaller than the tvs many of us grew up with, and many are still using today

I think the wording on that is bad and means it will get software downloads via the internet over downloading the software from the satellite.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: comp9
just thought about this
with only minis there will be no more PIP
or will they put PIP in the mini software now?
Since they haven't added it by now or put in a quicker way to activate PIP vs. the current method I'd be willing to say no. I've seen some folks in the know say that DIRECTV research says that very few people want PIP so they aren't going to spend resources on it.

I think the wording on that is bad and means it will get software downloads via the internet over downloading the software from the satellite.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I guess that is why they would prefer you have the HS-17 hardwired with Ethernet for software updates instead of WIFI? However what about people who don't have Internet? Also would DTV Cinema be going that way and not have the new release movie pushed to the hard drive and that would also be Internet only?

I wonder if they've been able to lock down the hardware design yet since those pic's say it a pilot box.

That is some detailed info and pictures. Looks like a pretty large heat sink on the HS17 mainboard, but it isn't a big unit as the hard drive consist of nearly half of it.
I think this will be a pretty good solution for DirecTV as long as they can get the software reliable and keep clients running smooth. It is so much better than a few years ago in the HR34 days.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)