HS17-100 (For those wondering)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm reading this will be able to record 7 shows at once with 7 total active sessions. Is this to mean if I were to have two TV's on and watching different channels, I would be able to record 5 shows? 3 TV's and 3 recordings, etc... ?

I'm reading this will be able to record 7 shows at once with 7 total active sessions. Is this to mean if I were to have two TV's on and watching different channels, I would be able to record 5 shows? 3 TV's and 3 recordings, etc... ?
Either a tv is used to watch live tv or watch a recording in progress if all the tuners are full. But what I thought the word was it would have 11 tuners with 7 sessions. Meaning if every single tv is on live tv, you can still record 4 things.

it ditches am21, so no ota for those that have one
man, this thing seems like a step back
the hopper3 is still ahead of it

so 11 tuners, but only 7 recording at a time?
im liking this less and less the more i read

so 11 tuners, but only 7 recording at a time?
im liking this less and less the more i read
I wonder if we see that increase based on the screenshots of the set up screen it has 15 tuners but only 7 show as being able to record.. Seems that could be increased with a firmware update

Since they haven't added it by now or put in a quicker way to activate PIP vs. the current method I'd be willing to say no. I've seen some folks in the know say that DIRECTV research says that very few people want PIP so they aren't going to spend resources on it.

dish does it in a really cool way.

Very few people use it because the current implementation is a PITA to use. If they had a labeled one button PIP toggle on the remote (like Dish and some cable companies have) I think more people would use, especially those who enjoy watching sports. I use it occasionally for sports.

Dish has Sports Bar mode, which lets you watch any 4 screens at once. I think one of the streaming services (PSVue?) is allowing you to watch 3 screens at once. This would be great for something like March Madness. It would be nice if the "sports leader" would do something like this as well.

But it sounds like its going away. Oh well.

i was hoping the hs-17 was at least equal to the hopper3. looks like directv missed the mark.

maybe an hs27 is in the works?

i was hoping the hs-17 was at least equal to the hopper3. looks like directv missed the mark.

maybe an hs27 is in the works?
Equal it on what? The tuner count and OTA seems to be the only difference but the tuner count could change.. OTA was going away anyway

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)