Hughes Net Dish

This is how MY 22k switches work. When A is selected no signal or voltage is sent to B. When B is selected a repeated 22k signal gives full power to B and a intermittent and repeated every (approx 1 sec) full voltage to A. You may want to test yours with a digital multi-meter

I just picked up another offset Ku dish a little while ago. It looks to be a 5 footer at what used to be a Sears store. When I get it home, I'll post a picture. Not completely sure about the size, but I'd bet I'm not off too far. It's definitely far bigger than the Hughes Net in this thread. There's another on the roof, but I have a balance issue and I'm not going to attempt climbing that steep roof to get it. Its on a non-penetrating roof mount.

Love to have it, but not worth the risk to get it down. :)

Reactions: wave catcher
22k switch would use less power because A is default and would only draw power is when B is used. External power supply is normally used to change polarity on the LNB to make up for long runs or a bad cable.
As for anyone local that could repair my system?/ not here ether. Most dish/viasat installers did not know anything about the sat they were lining up with?? number Deg. or name?

I finally got the concrete to set up for the pole I set for Galaxy 19Ku. I stuck the dish on a little while ago, aimed it and when I scanned in the channels, I came up with 646 channels on that satellite. I thought my blind scan was bat crap crazy, so I deleted all the channels and re-scanned in "Normal" scan mode. Again, 646 channels. Of course, most of them were Arabic, Chinese, Vietnamese, Taiwanese, Sudanese and very few English channels.

I did find a John Wayne movie in Arabic, like I understod it. I'm not a bit familiar with the Ku side of Galaxy 19, so is there actually that many channels on this satellite or did my receiver create a bunch of duplicates? That's insane. :confused:

Reactions: wave catcher
I finally got the concrete to set up for the pole I set for Galaxy 19Ku. I stuck the dish on a little while ago, aimed it and when I scanned in the channels, I came up with 646 channels on that satellite. I thought my blind scan was bat crap crazy, so I deleted all the channels and re-scanned in "Normal" scan mode. Again, 646 channels. Of course, most of them were Arabic, Chinese, Vietnamese, Taiwanese, Sudanese and very few English channels.

I did find a John Wayne movie in Arabic, like I understod it. I'm not a bit familiar with the Ku side of Galaxy 19, so is there actually that many channels on this satellite or did my receiver create a bunch of duplicates? That's insane. :confused:

Last I checked there was something like 323 channels FTA there. Of which about 10 are something usable, LOL.

Um, my receiver doubled that number. What's up with that? LOL

Maybe your lnb setting is set wrong? Check it. What receiver do you have, and what lnb?

Or are you also counting RADIO channels? I never counted them.

Here's what Sathint says, but they aren't keeping up very well lately: Galaxy 19 @ 97.0° West Frequencies

(201 TV, 44 HDTV, 64 Radio, 0 Data)

Reactions: wvman
Maybe your lnb setting is set wrong? Check it. What receiver do you have, and what lnb?

Or are you also counting RADIO channels? I never counted them.

Here's what Sathint says, but they aren't keeping up very well lately: Galaxy 19 @ 97.0° West Frequencies

(201 TV, 44 HDTV, 64 Radio, 0 Data)

The receiver I'm using in an old V8 Golden I use for testing. The LNBF is an FSS LNBF that was originally installed on the dish. :) No, I never scan for radio channels.

The receiver I'm using in an old V8 Golden I use for testing. The LNBF is an FSS LNBF that was originally installed on the dish. :) No, I never scan for radio channels.

It's the FSS lnb doing it to you. If I remember right, you should set LO to 13850 and ONLY scan the Vertical side channels, and it'll then grab both V and stack the H. Otherwise it doubles.

It's the FSS lnb doing it to you. If I remember right, you should set LO to 13850 and ONLY scan the Vertical side channels, and it'll then grab both V and H. Otherwise it doubles.

Ah, I'll try that tomorrow. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks again. :)

It's the FSS lnb doing it to you. If I remember right, you should set LO to 13850 and ONLY scan the Vertical side channels, and it'll then grab both V and stack the H. Otherwise it doubles.

This receiver doesn't have a Lo setting of 13850. I guess it falls under the Universal settings. I updated my avatar. It nows shows 2 Ku dishes and 4 BUDS. There's another Ku dish out of view on the left and a Prodelin 12 foot that can't be seen either. I'm out of ports on my switch. I have to figure out some other way to add more dishes. :)

This receiver doesn't have a Lo setting of 13850. I guess it falls under the Universal settings. I updated my avatar. It nows shows 2 Ku dishes and 4 BUDS. There's another Ku dish out of view on the left and a Prodelin 12 foot that can't be seen either. I'm out of ports on my switch. I have to figure out some other way to add more dishes. :)

You don't have a "user setting" that you can manually set the lnb LO?

Then just set it to the normal 10750, and ONLY scan V. It'll also grab H and stack them, but they'll ALL say they are V side.

I went out and measured the focal distance a little while ago. I came up with 31.25 inches. I also took a Magic Marker and wrote the focal distance and which satellite it's pointed at on the back of the reflector for future reference. :)

If that is your focal distance, the original measurements of height and depth (from which I calculated the focal distance > 34 inch) weren't very precise, I guess... :(

greetz,
A33

if it's a stacked LNB as used by Dish in the past (I have several of those), the Vertical uses 10750 like a standard LNB, but Horizontal is stacked on top and reversed (like C-Band), so changing the LO to 13850 will still not give the right frequencies... I just set mine to 10750, vertical only, with the understanding that anything showing above 12200 is horizontal and will have weird numbers - but it works.

Reactions: primestar31
If that is your focal distance, the original measurements of height and depth (from which I calculated the focal distance > 34 inch) weren't very precise, I guess... :(

greetz,
A33

Please bear in mind, we are talking about an entirely different type of feed than the originally used on this dish. I made the fine adjustments using a Channel Master meter, in and out, up and down and left and right to arrive at that focal point. In any case, it worked out well and I'm enjoying the channels I located. :)

You don't have a "user setting" that you can manually set the lnb LO?

Then just set it to the normal 10750, and ONLY scan V. It'll also grab H and stack them, but they'll ALL say they are V side.

Oddly enough, there is no user setting that gives you the option to enter the frequency manually, or at least none I've found. I also noticed something else odd. Apparently the name you choose for a particlular satellite has something to do with the use of a 22khz tone. When I used the 9750-10750 setting for SES 3, the option to choose the 22khz tone was active.

When I used the same setting for SES 2, the 22khz tone was not available. I went through all the other settings and it came back "No Channels Found." I kind of expected oddities using a LNBF designed for a different application. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts