HughesNet LNB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
I just picked up a free HughesNet dish (~33" x 28" or so) and the LNB says "FSS 19.7 - 22.2 ghz" Is that thing of any use for me? Regardless of whether that lnb is worth anything for this, I plan on setting this up as a fixed dish. Not sure which bird yet.

I just picked up a free HughesNet dish (~33" x 28" or so) and the LNB says "FSS 19.7 - 22.2 ghz" Is that thing of any use for me? Regardless of whether that lnb is worth anything for this, I plan on setting this up as a fixed dish. Not sure which bird yet.
Is the feedhorn in the normal place or is it like a WildBlue dish with a secondary reflector? Pictures MAN!

Am I reading that frequency right? A Ka-band LNB?

Anybody know if Spiff might want to aim that at 99 or 103 and have a peek with some DVB-S2 equipment? :D
Does it output to 950MHz-2250MHz?

Spiff might have some awesomely rare hardware there!

Is the feedhorn in the normal place or is it like a WildBlue dish with a secondary reflector? Pictures MAN!

Am I reading that frequency right? A Ka-band LNB?

Anybody know if Spiff might want to aim that at 99 or 103 and have a peek with some DVB-S2 equipment? :D
Does it output to 950MHz-2250MHz?

Spiff might have some awesomely rare hardware there!

Still don't know what I have, but pics are forthcoming :)

Obligatory pics:
sat-001.jpg

sat-002.jpg

sat-004.jpg

sat-006.jpg

I've read here on the forum that the WildBlue dish 'n box are valuable.
So much so, that you're better off selling it and buying a good dish than using it directly for FTA.
So, I would ask if this applies to the Hughes equipment, too?
(You might need the power/modulator box that goes with it )

33x28 is just adequate as a dish, so I wouldn't get real worked up over it if it's valuable.
If not, then of course, strip off all that heavy garbage and mount your own LNB!
I think we've had a recent thread on the subject.
Just measure the exact location of the current feed horn before disassembly.
In fact, you might use the template method, below, to assure accurate replacement.

Template trick to locate new LNB at the proper focus, when replacing it
:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...ert-superdish-true-fta-use-2.html#post1540313

Looks like fairly recent Hughesnet stuff, I think they rolled out some Ka stuff within the last year or so. Might be someone on the broad band forum that could ID/value it. I suspect that if functional the TX brick and LNB could be worth saving and reselling. Use the dish etc for FTA, probably .75m or so?

GL, Eric

Valuable on ebay as its very expensive to purchase one of those new. You may want to try and hook it up to a pci card and see if you can find any KA feeds. Make sure you hook up to the RX side of things.

I've read here on the forum that the WildBlue dish 'n box are valuable.
So much so, that you're better off selling it and buying a good dish than using it directly for FTA.
So, I would ask if this applies to the Hughes equipment, too?
(You might need the power/modulator box that goes with it )

33x28 is just adequate as a dish, so I wouldn't get real worked up over it if it's valuable.
If not, then of course, strip off all that heavy garbage and mount your own LNB!
I think we've had a recent thread on the subject.
Just measure the exact location of the current feed horn before disassembly.
In fact, you might use the template method, below, to assure accurate replacement.

Template trick to locate new LNB at the proper focus, when replacing it
:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...ert-superdish-true-fta-use-2.html#post1540313

Anole,

You may have heard or read the comment about the WildBlue dish and Ka Band equipment being valuable from me.

I have WildBlue internet service and it works pretty well. Knowing what this equipment is worth, I urge SpiffWilkie not to use it for a simple FTA dish.

I see ads for WildBlue where they offer $200 off the equipment for a special limited time promotion. The Hughes Net equipment cannot be any much less expensive. So I say, resell the equipment on E-Bay and take the proceeds to apply to a new FTA dish or receiver or LNBF or whatever.

It just makes better sense to me.

AcWxRADAR

I see ads for WildBlue where they offer $200 off the equipment for a special limited time promotion. The Hughes Net equipment cannot be any much less expensive.

Is that with a commitment? Hughes Net sends me a card in the mail every month or so offering free equipment and install.

I have that same dish and am using it fixed on Horizons 2. It is a little weak but I can get all of the feeds that I need. I tried it on some other satellites that were too weak before I settled it on H2. See some of my "backyard engineering" in the pics below.

fly

Attachments

• IMG_3684_web.jpg
    IMG_3684_web.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_3685_web.jpg
    IMG_3685_web.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_3686_web.jpg
    IMG_3686_web.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_3687_web.jpg
    IMG_3687_web.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 437
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts