HWS Detected Module Issue

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I have been getting an Attention pop up #978 that says The receiver has detected that a module has been removed. Then I have to click OK and my HWS does a re-boot. Got it twice today and once about a week ago. The only thing I have done recently was add the new Dual OTA Adapter couple of weeks ago. Any one have a clue what is going on? I also added the new Dual OTA Adapter to my other HWS and it has not given me this issue. Tried to upload a pic but it says the file is too large. Never had that issue too since the new SatGuys has been installed.

It's probably time to update to the new CUI. You can do update by going to channel 9607 if you wish to upgrade. I don't think the old UI is being supported anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
I sold the last one on a Dish Hopper. Got to reprogram it to seek out ViP612 units and "infest" them.
;)

BTW, "resistance is futile" is the code name for the efforts to decimate ViP receivers.

I just got the popup again. Anyone know what it means?

Error 978 Pic.jpg

That does look like the one you get when you unplug the OTA module from the USB port. Did you try another port to see if it follows the module?
No, haven't tried that. I will try another USB port tonite or tomorrow when there is nothing recording. Thanks for the suggestion.

It means something is 'flaky' with either the module or the USB port it's plugged into. It thinks it's been unplugged. Use another USB port as suggested and if it's fine, it's that particular port. If it happens in the others, the module is failing or worst case, the USB 'interface' internal to the Hopper is failing. That means the Hopper will need replaced.... and it will come with the new s/w interface.... :p

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts