HWS not releasing phone line

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Front panel reset hangs up the phone. It happened to me two nights in a row last week with one of my Hoppers (original model) and has not happeed since. Unplugging the phone does not fix it. Reconnect the phone and it's still off hook. Use the reset.

Front panel reset hangs up the phone. It happened to me two nights in a row last week with one of my Hoppers (original model) and has not happeed since. Unplugging the phone does not fix it. Reconnect the phone and it's still off hook. Use the reset.

Did you try to just pick up one of your handsets and listen for a dial tone, then return handset, and then check again for dial tone? That is all I do and I get the dial tone without having to do a reset.

Just an update guys. The phone line issue has made it onto the Known Issue board and they are investigating this issue at this point. No work around other than the one I offered at this point of just unplugging the phone line until this is resolved. I will update when I have more information.

Just an update guys. The phone line issue has made it onto the Known Issue board and they are investigating this issue at this point. No work around other than the one I offered at this point of just unplugging the phone line until this is resolved. I will update when I have more information.

Thanks for the update!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Overkill, how? If you just unplug the phone line, it does not hang up - still off hook if reconnected. If you reset, you keep caller ID.

A reboot isn't necessary. Just flash one of your telephone handsets on-off hook a couple of times and the dial tone will return.

New software S308 today, my phone was not dead this morning, maybe our phone problem was fixed. Anyone else notice this?
Dan

I still show it listed as investigating on the Known product issues, and nothing was listed in the software release for this issue, so I think it is still an active issue.

I was up at 02:50am this morning and my phone line was ok. This has been four or five days in a row. Maybe they have fixed it and still testing to make sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)