I am beyond frustrated with directv!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Gonna tag Claude Greiner to see if I can get some input from him.

I can tell you by looking at the pictures your NOT going to get any Directv contracted installer to do this job.

#1 It's an apartment

#2 I don't see a place to ground the system

#3 it's an apartment

#4 The dish location where you want it mounted is a pain to get to.

#5 it's an apartment.

Call a local installer, he will get it installed for you.

It's nothing against you, I have scheduled these types of jobs for years in apartments. Rarely will they ever get installed.

Just for the fact It's an apartment 50% do not get installed, the other issues have to do with the installer passing an inspection.

Reactions: JSheridan
So the HOA president also the owner of the unit it okay to install it here:
That should be an acceptable point no? For some reason the tech wanted to install it further in front, the next post.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 157
I live in the unit behind, there is a breezeway between building 8 & 9. I live in building 9. It be a bit of wire job, but that would be an acceptable spot no?

Doesn't matter if the HOA president approves it or not.

The installers being sent out do not want to do your installation.

You need to realize these techs come out and their goal is to do as little work in the shortest amount of time possible.

They do not like it when the customer specifically tells them where to put the dish, especially where the customer wants the dish requires more work where they want to put the dish.

When I do a job I get darn near 100% installed because I'm making like $500 per new install.

When a contractor does a job, they are getting less than $100 or hourly pay.

They don't care like an independent installer does.

I have sold thousands of customers, the type of apartment you live in, is not installer friendly. Seriously if you where getting a new account from me, I would personally do the job myself because I can almost guarantee if I scheduled through Dish or Directv they would find a reason not to install it.

So your unit is facing north?
My unit is facing south directly to the southern skies.
Problem is if I have them install it on my patio fascia there is a tree right Infront of it, so all the units dishes are installed on the other side.

Claude, I am stuck in a contract until September of this year, would you suggest me cancelling Directv and then resign up under a brand new account? Do you think they would be more willing to install it at that point? I never dealt with a third party installer, I tried to google a 3rd party installer here in Reno but I haven't come out with any research yet...my unit from the pic is in the breezeway on the right, you are looking at the left from the above pic.

So the HOA president also the owner of the unit it okay to install it here:
That should be an acceptable point no? For some reason the tech wanted to install it further in front, the next post.
No. A fascia board by itself isn't strong enough, and isn't acceptable to Directv, as a mounting point for a dish. If they use an undermount then maybe depending upon the condition of the rafter.

They need to saddle the rafter and make sure a couple of the lag bolts are long enough to go through the fascia and into the rafter. It'll be fine.
Two lag SCREWS aren't enough, you need at least three, maybe four by Directv standards.

Two lag SCREWS aren't enough, you need at least three, maybe four by Directv standards.

They literally could do this on the side:
Mine would be in middle...
The installer at one point agreed to install it on the 3rd fascia instead of 2nd, not sure he reasoning.

Attachments

• IMG_0284.JPG
    IMG_0284.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 150
On the vertical trim board looks like it would be okay, can't tell for certain.

I would ask neighbors who have DIRECTV, who did their install. Was it DIRECTV or private?
I would call Directv to see how and if a private installer would take away your credits.

Two need to hit the rafter behind it, that is what provides all the structural support. The remaining bolts can hit just the fascia.

dont think i would want to put a 1/2" or 3/8" lag into the end of a 2x and trust it for very long, 2 of them is a recipe for disaster. the thing will split, predrilling will help, but there is only so much meat there

Reactions: navychop
I posted the pics with a closer look on where the install is going to be and a closer look at the wooden part. I'm sure the tech would have a good idea on how to run the cable properly, but the guy yesterday told me HOA lady that the wire was going to be hanging which is BS because they would obviously be stapled next to the wall. But he made it sound like he was gonna drop a cable on the roof...

Anyways Directv executive office called and they moved the install from Tuesday to this Friday and hopefully a different tech will show up.

The tech that came to my house yesterday right away is trying to sell me directv now and UVerse...

Attachments

• IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0306.JPG
    IMG_0306.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0307.JPG
    IMG_0307.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0308.JPG
    IMG_0308.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 140
And this is the other side which is very close but both techs that came agreed that the tree would be on the way otherwise the install would have been very nice...

Attachments

• IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 120
it really doesnt matter what is already installed
guidelines change.

techs can only do what they are currently allowed to do

Reactions: Bascott97
My unit is facing south directly to the southern skies.
Problem is if I have them install it on my patio fascia there is a tree right Infront of it, so all the units dishes are installed on the other side.

Claude, I am stuck in a contract until September of this year, would you suggest me cancelling Directv and then resign up under a brand new account? Do you think they would be more willing to install it at that point? I never dealt with a third party installer, I tried to google a 3rd party installer here in Reno but I haven't come out with any research yet...my unit from the pic is in the breezeway on the right, you are looking at the left from the above pic.

You can't cancel and sign back up again.

I could switch you spectrum and they would buy out your contract with Directv up to $500

As far as installers, go to Directv.com and look under find a retailer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)