I am beyond frustrated with directv!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Find a independent contractor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna give it one more shot on Friday since their exec office is directly contacting the people that dispatch installers.

I do not know if third party contractors can do the movers thing and honestly don't think Directv would agree to it.

Moving on I think the middle post would work just fine, just like I said to directv it will take them a bit of wire to run it from there and then through the breezeway into the home.

Can retailers even do movers with DirecTV?

Nope

Besides that what are they going to give us $100 like they do on upgrades?

For the $100 there really is no incentive to do a dish move because all that money goes to the tech.

I have done more moves for free just to avoid a dam chargeback than anything else.

Or in Icewolfs situation had to do an mover install for free because of a lazy DIRECTV tech trying to blow off a mover install and cost me a customer.

I'm gonna give it one more shot on Friday since their exec office is directly contacting the people that dispatch installers.

I do not know if third party contractors can do the movers thing and honestly don't think Directv would agree to it.

Moving on I think the middle post would work just fine, just like I said to directv it will take them a bit of wire to run it from there and then through the breezeway into the home.

A contractor or retailer can do the move, Directv won't pay them.

So your paying them for their labor out of your pocket.

A contractor or retailer can do the move, Directv won't pay them.

So your paying them for their labor out of your pocket.

Do you know generally how much they usually charge? I don't wanna contact them and then be charged hundreds of dollars for an install that may take an hour or less.

Do you know generally how much they usually charge? I don't wanna contact them and then be charged hundreds of dollars for an install that may take an hour or less.

Generally $100 for the dish and 1st tv and $25 for each additional tv.

Sometimes they will charge $125 for the primary but anything more they are trying to take advantage of the situation.

Most contracted Directv techs unless they are hourly are at $80 or less on the primary and $10 for each addl Tv.

You will need a Dish also, so unless you go to your old place and get it, that's another $100

Generally $100 for the dish and 1st tv and $25 for each additional tv.

Sometimes they will charge $125 for the primary but anything more they are trying to take advantage of the situation.

Most contracted Directv techs unless they are hourly are at $80 or less on the primary and $10 for each addl Tv.

You will need a Dish also, so unless you go to your old place and get it, that's another $100

Ah damn, no more access to the old place, since I gave them my keys last week, so I'd have to purchase the dish from them, I'm hoping to stay under $250-$300.
Also it would be a one room installation since the other tv is a genie wireless.

If Directv doesn't come through for me on Friday and doesn't do the install then I'd rather hire a contractor and have them do the install the way I wanted originally which would be literally accessible from the top room window and the install would be quick since they wouldn't need to run more than 5ft of cable max.

Claude Greiner contacted a local installer and hey quoted me $100 for he install and $60 for the dish so with everything would come under $200.
Directv gonna show up tomorrow, if they won't do it then I'll call these guys who seem to be really cool and willing to work with me. They did mention they get a lot of people to call them because there are only 2 retailers that do it since directv became very strict about certain installs.

I rather pay them so they do the way I want it to look than the way Directv wants it.

Two need to hit the rafter behind it, that is what provides all the structural support. The remaining bolts can hit just the fascia.
You need three lags at a minimum to properly hold a base to structure.

also, as a note, just 2 lags would be a row, providing no lateral support. the dish would be subject to rotate

Claude Greiner contacted a local installer and hey quoted me $100 for he install and $60 for the dish so with everything would come under $200.
Directv gonna show up tomorrow, if they won't do it then I'll call these guys who seem to be really cool and willing to work with me. They did mention they get a lot of people to call them because there are only 2 retailers that do it since directv became very strict about certain installs.

I rather pay them so they do the way I want it to look than the way Directv wants it.

If it comes down to you paying for it. Make sure Directv knows about it and push hard for some bill credits.

Reactions: Jimbo and IcEWoLF
You need three lags at a minimum to properly hold a base to structure.

I've done literally thousands of installs saddling a rafter. I ran the center two lag bolts into the rafter, and the outer ones went into fascia or deck board.

I've done literally thousands of installs saddling a rafter. I ran the center two lag bolts into the rafter, and the outer ones went into fascia or deck board.
That's similar to the way they installed mine (Slimline-5 on standard mount with monopoles) back around '10.

On a south side eave portion of the roof with two 3 in. lags in the center holes of the mast foot through the roof-eave and into a rafter extending out under the eave

And then four 2 in. lags in the outer holes of the foot and through the roof-eave and straddling the rafter.

And two 2 in. lags in each monopole foot through the roof-eave as well.

Was never really happy with having the ends of the eight 2 in. lag bolts sticking out from under the eave like that, but the ODU has been very sturdy ever since.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dishdude
I'm sure you have, that doesn't make it right or have it pass QC.

Prepare for it to fail in short time and to continue paying retailers to fix it.

Prepare for it to fail in short time and to continue paying retailers to fix it.

The negativity lol...
I probably had an issue with my dish alignment once in the last 10+ years that I had Directv.
Most of the issues have been with receivers in the past and not the actual dish.

Reactions: pattykay
The negativity lol...
I probably had an issue with my dish alignment once in the last 10+ years that I had Directv.
Most of the issues have been with receivers in the past and not the actual dish.

I'll tell you when I was selling Dish 90% of the time the receiver was bad.

With Directv, 90% of the time it's due to a customer messing with something such as trying to relocate a receiver, unplugging a power inserter or something stupid.

I will say this, the only time I see switches go bad is when they are installed outdoors. Rarely do they go bad inside.

Not many Directv Lnb's Go bad also.

Okay, third DIRECTV guy showed up and this guy said he wouldn't be able to do it either, and just one guy showed up.
But he did give me some advice.

1. Go with the contractor to do the install and pay more money out of pocket to do it without having to cancel the account.
2. Sign up for Directv through either costco or Sams club under a family member and get them to send their own guys instead of directv.
3. Sign up for Directv through a local small retailer under a family member and it would then be 100% guaranteed it would be their guys doing the install.
4. Get U-Verse lol, it would be a new customers deal under my name, but honestly I don't know how good UVerse is these days compared to 9 years ago when I last had it.

I have no problem supporting a local retailer, but I don't think they would be able to match what costco offers and that is a $200 cash card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.