I am beyond frustrated with directv!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
$240 seems a bit high, but if Directv is crediting you then who really cares what the cost is.

As far as Costco, it's s Directv installer. They do not have their own contractors.

Yeah, I thought so to, but he did say he needed additional equipment to make the dish sturdy and clamp it down well, I will post the picture of the work he did when he does the install on Monday, and of course at that price range I better get a new dish and not an old used dish lol.
I didn't want to haggle with him, I rather get someone to do the work and get their install done properly and not cheaply so they don't have to comeback a 2nd time.
The install includes everything and the receivers genie bridge client install and whatever wiring they need.

Well like I said $100 on the primary and $100 on the Dish.

He only wants $40 more, I would roll with it.

I thought they quoted you $160 originally with the dish?

That's what they quoted, then their installer guy came to do the survey to check out the place and he said he needed additional equipment for the dish to stick and the install would be a bit more difficult... didn't want to haggle with him since directv would credit me whatever it cost.
Also I followed your advice and Directv even credited me for the whole month, they gave me close to $170 in credit already for the inconvenience.

Reactions: Jimbo
Yeah, I thought so to, but he did say he needed additional equipment to make the dish sturdy and clamp it down well, I will post the picture of the work he did when he does the install on Monday, and of course at that price range I better get a new dish and not an old used dish lol.
I didn't want to haggle with him, I rather get someone to do the work and get their install done properly and not cheaply so they don't have to comeback a 2nd time.
The install includes everything and the receivers genie bridge client install and whatever wiring they need.
You'll get a new dish, I don't thing I have ever seen a New install with a reused dish.
I have seen plenty of Old dishes still up years after the sub changed services though.

Install coming nicely:

Attachments

• IMG_0376.JPG
    IMG_0376.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 210
Here is more pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0378.JPG
    IMG_0378.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 199
I'll take some outside pics later to show how they mounted. The installer said he used the same mount at his house, he ran into few bees/wasps upstairs, gave him some medicines to get rid of em.

Install is officially done! I'll post some pics later on of the outside wall!

Reactions: stardust3
Okay here is the final work:
They even installed a wall outlet, no more extra cabling and stuff he cut half off it because those were 10 year old equipment cables that required extra cables for the old receivers.
He had to deal with wasps, gave him a spray which took care of that.
He put a wall plate, he even ran some an Ethernet cable upstairs for me and it looked really nice. I tipped him $30 because all the troubles with the bees, gave him an ice cold 7up, banana and 2 bottles of water, being nice to him is gonna help me in the future because if I run into any issues I can call him up directly.

Now I need to contact DIRECTV to reimburse me the $240.00

Attachments

• IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0381.JPG
    IMG_0381.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0382.JPG
    IMG_0382.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 206
Job looks great, glad you tipped the guy. Not expected but much appreciated I'm sure.

Un-ho ....QC fail ...

No proper drip/service loop installed at the ODU....

Just kidding, that bump in the cable my serve just as well but DIRECTV probably wouldn't pass it for their techs.

Good install though...

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Jimbo HoTat2

Yeah I don't mind the cable on the dish, sure he could have made it prettier but it's not like I am going to stare at it. Most people will never see it anyways.
He ran the Ethernet cable upstairs and made it look really nice.

Finally I went to the att store with the invoice and boy that was a pain in the ass, spent 2 hours there but the guy at the att store after the att phone reps kept passing me on from one dep to the other he called his own internal number, some rsp number and after spending 15 minutes with that guy on the phone the att rep at the store was able to get the $240 credited back to my account, just received the confirmation email on the credit so that's good to go.

Also because directv cancelled their installation of the dish they removed off me from the contract so I am no longer bound to a contract, original contract was supposed to end in September. So happy with that, plus since their movers guys didn't do crap I didn't have another 12 months added to my existing contract.

Couldn't be happier how the install went. Now I gotta buy some cable management tubes so I can hide cables in my bedroom.
Living room looks super clean with the wireless genie. I will be buying a new tv and a new tv stand sometimes either this month or next month.

Here is the Ethernet install

Attachments

• IMG_0383.JPG
    IMG_0383.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 179
Okay here is the final work:
They even installed a wall outlet, no more extra cabling and stuff he cut half off it because those were 10 year old equipment cables that required extra cables for the old receivers.
He had to deal with wasps, gave him a spray which took care of that.
He put a wall plate, he even ran some an Ethernet cable upstairs for me and it looked really nice. I tipped him $30 because all the troubles with the bees, gave him an ice cold 7up, banana and 2 bottles of water, being nice to him is gonna help me in the future because if I run into any issues I can call him up directly.

Now I need to contact DIRECTV to reimburse me the $240.00
So he did use a rafter mount. Good thing, if it was only attached to the rake board it would not only have been a QC fail but may have actually failed at some point.

So he did use a rafter mount. Good thing, if it was only attached to the rake board it would not only have been a QC fail but may have actually failed at some point.

I don't think the contractor really cared much about QC, of course when I pay him directly he should do a good job. I am pleased with the work he has done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)