I am JAILBROKEN! (NOW WHAT?)

NoNewsIsGoodNews

A Cydia tweak that will allow you to get rid of any stock iPhone APP(s) that you normally cannot remove. You can choose which ones you want to remove. I used it to get rid of the Newsstand

didn't know that one. and that's exactly why i want that tweak!

NoNewsIsGoodNews

A Cydia tweak that will allow to hide the Newsstand APP

This can be done in Springtomize too. The problem is the icons for newsstand items are not standard; the NYTimes one is rectangular and larger, it ends up looking really goofy when they are not in that newsstand. So I skipped it and went back to the news stand.

iKeywi HD is a nice cydia app that gives you a 5 row keyboard. customizable keys (iPad )

Of the JBs I have tried, I have asked myself, is this something I can't live without? So far, pretty much, no. I like the brightness buttons (but still forget they are there), and I find IntelliScreen X's easy ability to turn BT and WiFi off really nice - the FB, Mail, RSS, Twitter widget component I can live without (and have turned off except for FB, to conserve battery). Gridlock is fun, but in the grand scheme of things not critical. Pull to Refresh Safari is nice too - and should have been built in (actually, Gridlock, Push to Refresh, and one step buttons in the notification area all should be stock, IMHO ).

But I am seeing good battery life; much better now then when I first did the JB. Yesterday my phone was off the cradle for 12 hours, and I used Audible for an hour when exercising; I was at 74% when I plugged it back in. Can't complain about that, but I did not make any calls or texts yesterday. It was a light usage day.

Final verdict - is it worth being JB? So far, yeah. Will I lose sleep when I lose it for OS6? Probably not.

Why do you think you can't JB iOS6 ? Odds are a JB will be available during the beta and publicly released within hours.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

It took more than a few hours to get it for iOS5 for the 4s. i.e., it took eight months. And considering how Apple managed to lock down the new Apple TV3 to prevent it from being jail broke, who knows what they will "try" to do to the next version of iOS. My point was simply if it goes away, it will not be the end of the world.

Hall said:
Why do you think you can't JB iOS6 ? Odds are a JB will be available during the beta and publicly released within hours.

Tethered, maybe. Untethered, probably much longer.

I doubt it will be avaialble THAT quickly. I do not know of any major upgrade where it was.

Jailbreak for the older devices (iPhone 4 and older, where known bootrom holes exist, which by definition cannot be patched by Apple without replacing the bootrom chips) and jailbreak for the newest devices (where a new vulnerability must be found and exploited, and can be patched by Apple in the next release) are two totally different things.

You'll probably be able to jailbreak iOS6 betas and released version within hours for your iPhone 4. Likely months for your 4S, iPad2 and newer stuff.

PDANet is now in use and I am wirelessly tethered while riding Amtrak north to Chicago. It was cheaper than MyWi, and has features to "hide" tethering from Big Red. So far, so good.

Is there an application out there that allows you to put the display in sleep mode without using the power button? My daughters iPod Touch now has a broken power button and she would like a way to put her iPod to sleep without waiting for it to time out.

I trust your daughter's app is JB, yes ? If so, Googling "cydia sleep button app" will suggest "Quicklock" or "Activator" (Quicklock appears to be the more popular). A thread I found started like this:

I was wondering if there were a Cydia app or SBsettings that sends the iPhone into sleep as my sleep button is broken.

:D

I trust your daughter's app is JB, yes ? If so, Googling "cydia sleep button app" will suggest "Quicklock" or "Activator" (Quicklock appears to be the more popular). A thread I found started like this:

I was wondering if there were a Cydia app or SBsettings that sends the iPhone into sleep as my sleep button is broken.

:D

Her app is not jailbroke but her iPod is. :D

I downloaded Quicklock but it was causing springboard to crash. I noticed that they also had a quicklock 2 and that version was much better and solved her problem.

Was away for a week. Of the JB apps on my iPhone, without a doubt the brightness buttons were the most valuable. Had some success with PDANet on the train, but so much of the route was in Extended network it wasn't quite as valuable as I'd have hoped. And then on Friday night, I lost service, thought it was just a dead zone, but even Saturday morning I had nothing. Had to do a reset of all settings on the phone to get VZW to cooperate again.

Was away for a week. Of the JB apps on my iPhone, without a doubt the brightness buttons were the most valuable. Had some success with PDANet on the train, but so much of the route was in Extended network it wasn't quite as valuable as I'd have hoped. And then on Friday night, I lost service, thought it was just a dead zone, but even Saturday morning I had nothing. Had to do a reset of all settings on the phone to get VZW to cooperate again.

Wow. That sucks. First I heard of something like that happening.

Wow. That sucks. First I heard of something like that happening.

I certainly was not happy. Started with resetting network settings, didn't work; then did reset all settings, and that worked. My next step was to restore the phone from backup.. But since I did not have internet on the laptop I was not certain if it would even work to validate.

I take it you are convinced that jailbreaking is the cause and have sworn off it as a result.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)