I am JAILBROKEN! (NOW WHAT?)

I went to the changes tab and hit refresh. That seemed to have fixed it.

Is there any danger in downloading apps? I don't know of any instances of getting viruses with iOS so I assume there's nothing to worry about when downloading? I wish the apps had user ratings. There seems to be a ton of options and I have no idea what's good and what's bad.
Also, don't forget to create a Cydia account by signing in with your Facebook or Google account

I setup the Cydia account through Google, and the few apps I purchases show up, which is good. I also downloaded zephyr, which provides iPad-gestures on the iPhone to switch apps. A little different, but seems to work well.

Is that the only "backup" necessary for Cydia-purchased apps?
Yep.

Anytime I rejailbreak or jailbreak another device, I sign back into Cydia through FB in may case, and it shows all of my purchases. I can then use those purchases on my other devices without having to pay again.

If you install a lot of Cydia APPs and/or tweaks, another important one is PkgBackup. After you backup your settings and APPs with PkgBackup, if and when you rejailbreak you will only need to reinstall PkgBackup from Cydia. Once it is reinstalled, you do a restore and it will reinstall all of your Cydia APPs, tweaks, and settings.

Yep.

Anytime I rejailbreak or jailbreak another device, I sign back into Cydia through FB in may case, and it shows all of my purchases. I can then use those purchases on my other devices without having to pay again.

If you install a lot of Cydia APPs and/or tweaks, another important one is PkgBackup. After you backup your settings and APPs with PkgBackup, if and when you rejailbreak you will only need to reinstall PkgBackup from Cydia. Once it is reinstalled, you do a restore and it will reinstall all of your Cydia APPs, tweaks, and settings.

That makes sense, re: PkgBackup.

I installed a tweak to allow the Sparrow email to PUSH email. It won't show up in the IntellliScreen X lock screen, but the mail pushes, unlike before.

Does syncing my phone to iTunes unjail break my phone? Say if I purchase new music or apps in iTunes and I sync up to add those items to my phone. Can I do this without losing Cydia? Many times I'll add photos from my camera to my computer and then sync my phone to get those photos added.

No you can continue to use itunes. the one thing that will break a jailbreak is if you upgrade the OS.

Does syncing my phone to iTunes unjail break my phone?
No
Say if I purchase new music or apps in iTunes and I sync up to add those items to my phone. Can I do this without losing Cydia?
Yes
Many times I'll add photos from my camera to my computer and then sync my phone to get those photos added.
This will be the same if you are JB or not

Will ringtones I obtained through Cydia show up in iTunes after I sync? Or will all Cydia obtained items only show up on my phone after syncing?

Nothing goes away after a sync. The only time your Cydia apps will go away is when you upgrade the OS. that is why you should wait to upgrade until a new JB is out---if you intend to stay jailbroken. But syncing will not make them go away.

i like springtomize. it eliminates the need for other tweaks as this allows you to customize even more. for example you can add up to 10 apps in the dock if needed. colorKeyboard allows you to theme your keyboard. CyDelete and DeleteMail for ipad are nice tweaks too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)