I am kind of ashamed....

masos98

Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
to admit this.=)

My Voom install was completed today. Unfortunatly, I had to work during the installation. I told another family member to inquire about using the existing antenna attached to my house instead of the provided antenna.

The installer said fine. I have 300 Ohm ribbon running down from my antenna. The installer left me a note saying run to radioshack, get a "converter" to change the 300 Ohm to 75 Ohm Coaxial. (I also ended up having to patch together the line down the antenna with the line into the house...somehow they had been severed and the installer didn't notice).

I did as he said, and I am not recieveing ANY OTA signal....however, this is why I am ashamed...

Which input does the antenna cable run into on the back of the STB? Any input would be appreciated.=)

Shaun M.

masos98 said:
Which input does the antenna cable run into on the back of the STB? Any input would be appreciated.=)

Shaun M.

The one in the 8VSB module. Most right in the back. :)

The image of a projector under the S-Video connector is very funny, someone had a good sense of humor when they designed that one. I wonder how many of you 'young folk' have ever even watched a projector like that in school or at home?

T Never Got The 8vsb Module for either of my receivers. I've been using my Directv HD Input For My Locals. My Installer Didn't Know Anything. All I Got is Two Recivers & Two Remotes & A Blank Look On His Face About Anything HD.

Call your installer back. When I got mine installed, they forgot one receiver then when I got the receiver they forgot the cables, remote & 8vsb mod so I called them again and they mailed them to me. I told them not to come out since they live 40 miles away and I am quite capable of doing the install myself, I even activated the second receiver and Installs Inc was quite surprised I was not an installer.

Ok, I have it in the right antenna...time to check the line before I bother to have Voom come fix it.

Thanks guys

Shaun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts