The switch was flipped exactly at 3:00 AM EST

hd_SDI_1080i

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 9, 2004
I was curious to see what the shutdown would look like – and was totally surprised not to see any crawls or even a simply broadcast announcement screen today. At 2:59 one of the Voom side shows finished up and at 3:00 AM – the screen simply went black and the satellite icon flashed red.

Ok - back to my wonderful 8 bit - TRS80 like - Comcast IPG :)

Swith Was Definitely Flipped

I was watching StarzHD and at 12:15 PST, the screen went black with the "no signal received" message.

The end was disappointing. Should have ended with a BOOM!

The end!

Jerome

P.S. My OTA HD capability is still up!

Hopefully, good news!

I was watching HDNEWS expecting some announcement when _____ the screen just said "no signal". I called Dish and signed up for the Voom10 but they will not be active until sometime this morning.

I was watching the rave channel when all of a sudden at about 2:59am i heard a weird nose coming from my receiver box. I then noticed some small sparks from the box and some lite smoke... all of sudden there were sparks flying everywhere and the box went boom, and then went up in smoke. i ran to my kitchen and grabbed my fire extinguisher and put the flame out. Voom went up in smoke!!!!

Something I'd like to see.....

There's been many people on these forums who militantly oppose turning back in their lease boxes if Voom asks for them back. I wonder if anybody will take a sledgehammer and bash their receiver to pieces and then throw the scrap metal into the box to be shipped back to Voom.

lilyarbie said:
There's been many people on these forums who militantly oppose turning back in their lease boxes if Voom asks for them back. I wonder if anybody will take a sledgehammer and bash their receiver to pieces and then throw the scrap metal into the box to be shipped back to Voom.

I understand everyone being upset put why would anyone do this beings that they do not belong to you and they are leased and take a chance on them charging you 400.00 for the box. Don't make sense to me.

t

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts