Openbox I "Bricked" a Openbox S10 Please help

drjohn14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
beautiful San Diego
I tried updating firmware on a openbox s10 and it is now dead, no display. Checked power supply and it is good. Tried using a rs232 program (PVR 800 Hd tool) used for boot repair of S9, even though it uploads the files, unit is still doa. Is the boot for the S9 the same for the S10? Does anyone have firmware to revive this S10. Any help appreciated. drjohn

Going back to fta after years of being away. What is the best receiver to start back with? Have a lot of catching up to do, Thanks for the help..

Going back to fta after years of being away. What is the best receiver to start back with? Have a lot of catching up to do, Thanks for the help..
:welcome$boatman! The Amiko Mini HD SE and GEOSATpro MicroHD are probably the most recommended. You also might want to check out the Amiko A3 - it's Android based, runs apps, has many features and is very advanced from the reviews I've read. There are authorized sellers for these right here on the forum. Are you looking to set up KU, C or both? Motorized?

Reactions: Eva Greczkowski
I wonder if the OP is trying to load hacker firmware in the receiver?.
Absolutely not. just trying to bring unit back to life. No front display, no video out either ntsc or pal (use old black/white tv with vertical hold adjust to view pal mode). I see there is no one here that can help. MODS please close this thread.

Absolutely not. just trying to bring unit back to life. No front display, no video out either ntsc or pal (use old black/white tv with vertical hold adjust to view pal mode). I see there is no one here that can help. MODS please close this thread.

Someone may be able to help. If you can still access it from the RS232 port, then it may be just that you loaded the wrong firmware and may be able to fix it by loading the correct firmware. As Jorgek said above, there's a lot of S10 and S9 clones out there and if you got one of those firmwares by mistake, that might be the problem. Or, if your box is a clone itself and you loaded real S10 firmware, that could be too.

Probably post what ver. firmware you loaded and a few pictures of the box itself so everyone knows what it is exactly and then someone might be able to help. With S10 and 9 it's not a cut and dry thing because of all the clones, some of them look just like the real deal.

I take it that it came on before this firmware update and you didn't back up the old firmware? Do you know what ver. the old firmware was?

Likely the op loaded an .ABS file with an incompatible bootloader. Might try to recover if this S10 model has a TTL connection on the PCB for running ALI Editor via a USB/TTL convertor and op has any .ABS backup.

Take the case off and post a picture and we can help to see if it has TTL pin header.

What version of firmware did you use. There is FW out there only for clones that will in some cases brick non clone S10 and S9.
the aug 2012 firmware is the killer for genuine openbox,I killed my s10 with it and have to run euro firmware on it after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)