I called Dish to cancel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

memo90061

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
So I've been changing my packages for a while to have the cheapest package for a while now. I started out with Dish Latino Max with HD (around 80 dollars), then Turbo HD Bronze with Dish Latino (60), and then I just kept locals (28 dollars with all those fees). I wanted to keep Dish for the DVR which is why I just wanted locals but 28 was too much for me so I decided to cancel.

I called 3 days ago and it was good, they didn't try to keep me. I was surprised. The guy said they would ship out a box so I can send the VIP 722. I got a call from Dish Network today and they said if I wanted to keep Dish for free for 3 months and then after that they would subtract 15 dollars from each bill for 12 months. I asked if they were going to charge me a reconnect fee and he said they wouldn't. The guy said I would have to cancel within the next 90 days. I love Dish!! I think I will cancel though because I got Tivo already. :/

you can't return the tivo? it sounds to me like dish is making you a good offer :)
no?

Yeah it's a very good offer. I was so confused for a while. I really love the TiVo though. I love how I can send videos to it from the computer and watch it on TV. I can download so much on the computer and watch it on TV. If the VIP 722 could do that I would return TiVo ASAP! I really do love all the other aspects of the VIP 722 though. This is so hard.

I have my TiVo connected to both a 211 and a 622 to record (SD of course) and transfer to my PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts