I called Dish to cancel

memo90061

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
So I've been changing my packages for a while to have the cheapest package for a while now. I started out with Dish Latino Max with HD (around 80 dollars), then Turbo HD Bronze with Dish Latino (60), and then I just kept locals (28 dollars with all those fees). I wanted to keep Dish for the DVR which is why I just wanted locals but 28 was too much for me so I decided to cancel.

I called 3 days ago and it was good, they didn't try to keep me. I was surprised. The guy said they would ship out a box so I can send the VIP 722. I got a call from Dish Network today and they said if I wanted to keep Dish for free for 3 months and then after that they would subtract 15 dollars from each bill for 12 months. I asked if they were going to charge me a reconnect fee and he said they wouldn't. The guy said I would have to cancel within the next 90 days. I love Dish!! I think I will cancel though because I got Tivo already. :/

you can't return the tivo? it sounds to me like dish is making you a good offer :)
no?

Yeah it's a very good offer. I was so confused for a while. I really love the TiVo though. I love how I can send videos to it from the computer and watch it on TV. I can download so much on the computer and watch it on TV. If the VIP 722 could do that I would return TiVo ASAP! I really do love all the other aspects of the VIP 722 though. This is so hard.

I have my TiVo connected to both a 211 and a 622 to record (SD of course) and transfer to my PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)