I did it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The past few days I've been programming the Openbox S9 receiver and the more I use it the better I like it.

1) I like how when you highlight the programs you recorded it shows a preview picture up in the right hand corner identifying what the program is.
2) I'm also liking using the remote control keys to edit the satellite names rather than a keyboard screen appearing like with other receivers.
3) The HD channels are awesome looking! Today I adjusted my 8' C-band dish from Galaxy 17 to Galaxy 28 and I found a CBS college football game that blew me away.
4) Plus unlike most receivers the complete satellite name appears within the menu selection without being cut off.

Screenshots of programs recorded:

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 163
Top Secret?

I finally took the plunge and ordered an Openbox S9 PVR HD receiver from ************ for $175.89 including shipping.
...and then this...
This new remote looks a lot better and should work better then the older version 2.0 which came with the receiver from ************.
Is there some reason for this? Where did he buy it from, and why all the "**********" ?
:confused:

...and then this...

Is there some reason for this? Where did he buy it from, and why all the "**********" ?
:confused:

I'll send you a PM of where I purchased the receiver and remote. I believe Iceberg edits the posts and only allows names of gold sponsors to be included within the posts. The same happened to the product reviews I posted.

Someone came in the other night an spammed a bunch of users via PM's telling them to buy their receivers from the censored site.

The censored site is not a sponsor here so why let them advertise for free.

How low class can they be?

The on-line site I purchased my Openbox S9 receiver from was as good as any of our gold sponsors and the product was delivered in only 3 days after purchasing. I will continue to purchase product from them as well as from our gold sponsors.

Hmm! this sensor thing seems kinda new here.i will need to read the rules again!guess its a no no to mention a seller unless its a sponsor here.PMs also being sensored also????.is this new?

Wow. Censorship in the open forum, maybe... but in PM's too? How low class can WHO be?

Just search "Openbox S9" in Google and you will find a company selling it for $175.89 including shipping. This is the company I purchased the receiver and Spitfire Elite LNB from and had excellent service.

Just search "Openbox S9" in Google and you will find a company selling it for $175.89 including shipping. This is the company I purchased the receiver and Spitfire Elite LNB from and had excellent service.

Thank you PopcornNMore. Google can definitely be a good friend! :D

Hmm! this sensor thing seems kinda new here.i will need to read the rules again!guess its a no no to mention a seller unless its a sponsor here.PMs also being sensored also????.is this new?
I have never seen anything like this happen here before. I am very surprised to say the least.

I do understand that supporting our gold sponsors is important but I do not understand why "some other dealer" cannot be posted here. If someone bought a receiver on Ebay and posted a link to it, would that seller's name be deleted too??? :confused: An Ebay seller might be a gold sponsor and one just might be "***********" the forbidden fruit! :eek:

No that's not it.

We had some IDIOT come in advertising their FTA Specials in PM's which is a violation of our rules. That's called SPAMMING.

I do wish some of these boxes were available from our Sponsors, but I also understand why they are not. Besides being able to be easily altered for illegal activity (which now thankfully is more an issue outside the US then here) added with the fact the the boxes are not FCC or UL listed opens up a can of worms as well.

Thanks scott! I also wish the sponsors here would carry some receivers sold elsewhere! I may be wrong but i dont think any current sponsor here sells a HD receiver which does dvb-s2 or 4:2:2!Wish they did then i would buy from them instead of looking elsewhere

eurosport84 said:
Wow. Censorship in the open forum, maybe... but in PM's too? How low class can WHO be?

I'm betting what Scott did when this guy Spammed the site was to change the sites name to stars using an auto-filter. These things are extremely easy to set up in forum programs. Most sites use them to replace curse words but you can set them up for whatever words are necessary. It's not as if Scott and Iceberg are reading your PMs and editing your PM it is an automagic thing. And giving what they pulled Spamming the boards via PM they need to be punished and this is the best punishment I can think of for their actions.

Hi. My name is Casey, and i own the site i think people are mentioning in the thread that is all filtered out. I wont say the site name because i want to respect this forum, their rules, and the owner, admins, mods, and members.

But, i do want to set the record straight that i have not been over here on Sat Guys sending spam in PM or in any other form, to any members here or anywhere else.

First i have never sent one PM here in my life as far as i can recall, and more importantly, this is not my style, i dont do things like that. Never have, never will. Those who know me and know how i do business will know that.

If someone was sending PM's to anyone it was without my knowledge, consent, or approval.

I respect this site, and the guys and gals that work and play here.

Sorry i had to post this in the first place, but i felt it was necessary.

Thank you,

Casey

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)