I don't want the locals, I want the NYC channels!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
consider a canadian satellite company.

if you want lots more international diverisity news, sports, shows etc etc. Bell Express Vu or Star choice is for you theres you tons of international stuff you even get BBC World 24/7 :) all you need is broker and the equipment and you're all set. its called Grey Market ha ha ha:) i never had a problem with my broker just excellent.

note: canada isnt nearly as up tight about carrying other cities locals either..you get them all from newfoundland to British Columbia including east and west coast channel sfrom boston, buffalo, spokane or seattle depending the company, some the channels are from the us some are canadian versions. but overall the diversity is amazing much more so than here in the us.

One of the things which caused me to choose Directv a few years ago was Newsworld International. Unfortunately Al Gore bought it and changed it to Current.

The people with cable in the Seattle area can receive CBUT from Vancouver. Too bad Directv doesn't seem to be able to carry CBC, BBC, etc.

Just one comment above warrants a comeback. Bonscott87, I never said Americans are ignorant of all things foreign, simply that I want more foreign news! If I thought as little of Americans as some of you guys seem to think of 'foreigners', it would be really silly of me to move here....

Thanks again.
Marc

I know you didn't say that. I said it. ;) I believe, as an American, and I know as fact, that most Americans are idiots when it comes to things foreign. We are stupid in this matter. It's our reputation in the rest of the world and unfortunately it's mostly true. :(

and that may be true to some extent, but others around the globe are just as ignorant (in many cases more so) and just as arrogant and close minded. Its not specifically then or us; every culture has major problems like these in this new era of globalization. As far as DirecTV carrying or not carrying particular international news sources, it is likely the same age old matter of cost versus subscriber interest (aka good old fashion free market system) at work.

Last edited:
No. Generally, Americans are more ignorant of international affairs, foreign culture, and even world geography, and are more self-centered, than people from other developed nations. That's just the way it is. Perhaps we have so much here to keep us busy. Perhaps, America is so big and so diverse. Perhaps we're just morons.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)