I Got My Refund Today !!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lucky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
New York
I got my refund from VOOM today !! It took only about 4 weeks to get. I got a check for $ 607.97. I had VOOM from day one, and had two receivers. Thank you VOOM. You were a class act, and I miss you. I still enjoy VOOM's exclusives on Dish Network, however.

congrats

Dude, no way!!! I thought they would just write us off and file for bankruptcy. I'll keep my eyes out for my refund check. I've been checking these forums for just such news.

Again thanks,

me

Thought I would check the mail after your post and guess what. Yep it was there!! $618 refund from VOOM, refund on two receivers.

I'd rather still have VOOM than the check but it's nice to get something back. My wife complained about VOOM the whole time we had it (now she has dish to complain about). Do you think she is going to see any of this money?

Mine came today. Charter member with check in hand. 2 receivers and VaVaVoom all the way. Everyday I still miss what was. At least we saw the future and it was great.

Limping along with Dish.

socalpanman said:
Mine came today. Charter member with check in hand. 2 receivers and VaVaVoom all the way. Everyday I still miss what was. At least we saw the future and it was great.

Limping along with Dish.
I'm really glad you were satisfied...We DID see the future, and it WAS great...the time MUST come again...and many of us will be waiting...limpimg along awaiting the next coming...Missing what we know was possible is painful, but at least we know it's possible...who will come forth to validate it??
Vicki

Yeah baby

Just got home and what did I find in the mail box but a check from Cablevision in the amount of $628.04. These guys really did not let us down.

When I first started pondering the thought that Voom would shut down after the sale of Rainbow 1 to E*, I got this sick feeling that I wasted my money on obsolete equipment. The roller coaster ride that followed kept me glued to all Voom and Cablevision news, including their feud with NYC over the new stadium for the Jets. I say if the jets want a new stadium, let the owners pay for it. Don't put the burden on the backs of tax payers.

This forum became a fountain of info, speculation and hope for a lot of people. Thank you spahoose for all of your expertise knowledge and inside info on what exactly the shut down entailed.

My hope is that Chuck Dolan will live out his dream of operating a cutting edge satellite service that is both prosperous and successful. In a way, Voom was a success. The moment I heard about it, I jumped ship after 8 years on E*

Anyway, best of luck to you all and thanks for starting these useful and informative threads.

bye,

me

Just a quick question. I have not recieved any rebate yet, but the letter from voom a couple months ago said it was going to be put back on my credit card because i was on auto-pay. So that is where I have been looking for it. Were you guys that recieved it recently also on auto-pay, or were you mailing in payments?......I don't care either way, whether it comes back to my card, or in a check form, just curious which it will be.

I was looking at my credit card account online also because that is the way I originally purchased the equipment. My monthly payments were automatically deducted. I did not mail the payments monthly. Be looking for a Cablevision envelope! It is not a rebate by the way. It is refunded to those who bought there equipment. Some people are charter members. I don't know exactly what that means, but if it helps, I signed up in November of 2004 and still got the refund for my purchased equipment.

bye,

me

Thanks..........yes a refund.....I am also a charter member.....also 11/04. Although only one reciever, I am expecting $386

Vicki said:
I'm really glad you were satisfied...We DID see the future, and it WAS great...the time MUST come again...and many of us will be waiting...limpimg along awaiting the next coming...Missing what we know was possible is painful, but at least we know it's possible...who will come forth to validate it??
Vicki

Good to see you here. I miss your posts!! (You may be on one of the other forums here, but I rarely read those.)

Got my $438 refund today. Way to go Voom, Rainbow DBS, and Cablevision. I miss Voom and hope they end up on my cable system in the near future.

Got mine yesterday also. $440 some dollars. I was a little worried as I was on autopay, and the credit card I was using was somehow being fraudulentley used, and therefore cancelled. Called V* to inform them of this since the final statement/letter said that autopay customers would have their credit card account credited. CSR made note on my account of problem, and requested that refund be by check. Was somewhat skeptical, but they came through. Thanks V*. Would still rather have the service though. It appears that all refunds are coming by check.

voom, refund

I got my voom refund check in the mail yesterday. I was expecting in as a refund though my credit card. But I got a check for $495. I really never expected to get anything, but I'm not complaining

Steve

i was on auto-pay

JaydeeD said:
Just a quick question. I have not recieved any rebate yet, but the letter from voom a couple months ago said it was going to be put back on my credit card because i was on auto-pay. So that is where I have been looking for it. Were you guys that recieved it recently also on auto-pay, or were you mailing in payments?......I don't care either way, whether it comes back to my card, or in a check form, just curious which it will be.

JaydeeD,
I just came from the mailbox. I too was on auto-pay and received the Voom letter stating "refund" would be put on my credit card. I've gotten a letter from Cablevision with a refund check for $394.06 in it. It's already a great day, couldn't be better. Thank You Voom and Cablevision!!!!!
Right now I'd bet on your mailbox and a check, real soon.....

My credit card was on file, because I made my last payment 3 days before the shutdown. But today, I got the check for the refund. I really think Voom/Cablevision handled at least this the correct way. But I still would choose to have Voom and in that case I would be glad to give my check back. But, sniff, sniff, just dreamin' on that one. I miss Voom.

Got mine today, too. They did the right thing. We put up with a lot, and gave them a lot of feedback on their programming. Hopefully it helped them in the long run. I now have Dish w/Voom, and I am enjoying it.

-k

Got mine, $428.xx - Makes the whole picture even clearer, but I still miss the Voom service, nothing will touch it for some time by the way things look.

Charles, Giv'n the Voom left-overs to James- Com'on! Thought you were in it for the long run for us Voom'ers....

Afid the saga is coming to the real end now.

GG

Thats really surprising they are even refunding customers money at all. Honestly if I had bought the equipment I would not have expected a refund from them at all!!!!!

But that really says alot about the company, its not everyday you see a company honor its debts. Everytime I have seen something like this happen in this industry, people get screwed left and right!

As a dealer, I even got paid every last dime they owed me for installations.

I leased mine though, I owed $30 something. From what I have been hearing, StarChoice bought up the rest of the Voom receivers and done some firmware and nameplate changes. I wish for us there was some sort of firmware update where we could use this for say 4dtv or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)