i have 3 old c band lnbs, all in good working order, i want to add these to my 31"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pizza64er

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
dish. so how whould i do this?? i have alot of cable.

one is a lnbf. i also have a c band feed horn.i was thinking of useing 1 lnbf for t5 for pbs, and the other for t6.

So you have not managed to get any KU signals and you want to add C-Band to a 30" dish?

Will not work, I would forget it!

I did manage to get some STRONG C-Band signals on a 40" dish, but 30" will not work!

I would forget it, 40" Primestar pulled in the strongest digital signals but nothing found on a 36" metal dish!

if any one has any old primestar dishs they don't want , email me.

pizza64er said:
will a 36" dish do the trick??

Depends on what you are happy with . I did it , but I had most of the hardware on hand , did not HAVE to spend much $$$ .

Was more successful on analog than digital .

It was a worthwile testinf & learning experience . But not for your primary source of TV .

Wyr

Wyr,

You mean C-Band? I'd be interested in experimenting with that. I understand that I wouldn't get much, but it would be a good reason to buy the first part of my C - band setup (the LNB). I have a few dishes lined up, but I'd like to get started in small steps.
Did you get any digital that was strong enough to watch? Did you have a constant signal?
I'm assuming that I wouldn't have much trouble finding an analog receiver to fool around with.

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)