I have a stupid question (or maybe not)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks Ice, I have it hooked up to my DISH 500 and Dish 300 right now most all is scrambled of course but I just wanted to make sure it worked. I'm happy now I'm starting to get the FTA bug. :D

yeah the echo ones will say 11250

C-Band sats are 5150

I have another question. For some reason on Echo 61.5 I lost all the transponder freq in the menu except for 1 which was 12355 I believe. I tried resetting the receiver to factory default and still have the same problem do I have to manually enter them back into the tp freq list for 61.5?

Nevermind figured out the blind scan feature neat!! I must say there is a bit of a learning curve to the geosat dsr 200 but I'm getting the hang of it.

Last edited:
If you are using Dishpro LNBFs and 61.5 is connected to the input port of the main 110/119 LNBF, set the LNB type to DishPro and DiSEqQ to 3. If you highlight LNB in the Search Menu, press OK then scroll up you will find to Dishpro settings, Dishpro and Dishpro FSS. With your system, set to Dishpro.

The DiSEqC switch settings control which LNBF is directed to your receiver. DiSEqC 1 is 119, DiSEqC 2 is 110, DiSEqC 3 is the input port (which is 61.5 in your system).

Nevermind figured out the blind scan feature neat!! I must say there is a bit of a learning curve to the geosat dsr 200 but I'm getting the hang of it.

the receiver is a great unit and the blind scan is amazing. It finds the frequencies that are out there. I have one of these receivers and the blind scan I call a "bloodhound"...finds stuff other receivers miss :)

Thanks I figured it out about 2am or this morning. All went well and saw programmed all 3 echo birds. The other question is does the dishpro support diseqc 1.1? I saw that as one of the settings but left it at DiseqC and it seemed t be fine. It was fun to try it out the receiver.

If you are using Dishpro LNBFs and 61.5 is connected to the input port of the main 110/119 LNBF, set the LNB type to DishPro and DiSEqQ to 3. If you highlight LNB in the Search Menu, press OK then scroll up you will find to Dishpro settings, Dishpro and Dishpro FSS. With your system, set to Dishpro.

The DiSEqC switch settings control which LNBF is directed to your receiver. DiSEqC 1 is 119, DiSEqC 2 is 110, DiSEqC 3 is the input port (which is 61.5 in your system).

Not sure if DiSEqC 1.1 is supported by the Dishpro switches. You could experiment and turn off the DiSEqC port switching and assign the DiSEqC 1.1 port selections instead. No damage will occur, just might not work....

Please let us know!

Here's a question regarding blindscan setting what is the best setting for the freq spacing of the scan? I use the default 4 mhz setting would 2 be a better choice? Also I noticed on one of the birds during the blindscan (can't remember which one at the moment) would only scan the Horiz polarity and not vert even though the blindscan setting was set for all polarities. Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks
Bob

Not sure if DiSEqC 1.1 is supported by the Dishpro switches. You could experiment and turn off the DiSEqC port switching and assign the DiSEqC 1.1 port selections instead. No damage will occur, just might not work....

Please let us know!

Bob,

The higher the spacing the faster the scan goes, but might skip over something. I use the high 10mhz for a quick look at a new sat, then go back later for a detailed scan using the default 4mhz. I've done some comparison scans on my GeoSatPro of 2 vs 4mhz with no extra channels found using the 2mhz. But for advanced FTAing it might just find something others skipped over.

Jim

I noticed on one of the birds during the blindscan (can't remember which one at the moment) would only scan the Horiz polarity and not vert even though the blindscan setting was set for all polarities. Any thoughts on that one?

Only horizontal plarity is scanned because bandstacked LNBFs like the Dishpro carry all transponders on the horizontal (18vdc) polarity. Selecting the Dishpro in the LNB type instructed the receiver that you have connected a LNBF that only has signals on the horizontal polarity

Here's a question regarding blindscan setting what is the best setting for the freq spacing of the scan? I use the default 4 mhz setting would 2 be a better choice?
Fat signals like the Dish Network transponders are easily found with even the 10MHz setting. Skinny SCPC signals on other satellites might not be found unless 2MHz steps are selected. BIG difference in the time it takes to scan!

Yes I noticed that last night when doing a blind scan so I cancelled it and went back to 4 mhz spacing. Heres another question for the group, Can I use the loop out to add my Dish 222 back in to the system or will the separator that the 222 requires screw things up? I suppose I could just try it but always afraid I'd damage something I'd rather ask first.

Currently I have the Geosat disconnected and have put the 222 back in line. The only time I can play is late nite when TV2 is not in use in my mother's room.

Thanks again for all the info at this rate I'll be a expert at the Geosatpro receiver. :D

Fat signals like the Dish Network transponders are easily found with even the 10MHz setting. Skinny SCPC signals on other satellites might not be found unless 2MHz steps are selected. BIG difference in the time it takes to scan!

If it's like every other receiver I've seen, the loop out only outputs the transponder you're tuned to. Not a demodulated version like back in the 70MHz days, mind you, but nevertheless only the transponder you're tuned to. So the Dish receiver wouldn't work, at least not in any user-friendly way.

You would it think it would be just a "pass-through" to the lnb.

If it's like every other receiver I've seen, the loop out only outputs the transponder you're tuned to. Not a demodulated version like back in the 70MHz days, mind you, but nevertheless only the transponder you're tuned to. So the Dish receiver wouldn't work, at least not in any user-friendly way.

You would it think it would be just a "pass-through" to the lnb.

The master receiver (GEOSATpro) selects the polarity and the DiSEqC switch setting if powered ON. All channels are on the horizontal polarity with your Dishpro system, so that is not an issue. The slave receiver (222) would only be able to receive channels from the satellite selected by the master receiver. The Loop Out feature would work fine if only one satellite was connected. Since your system requires DiSEqC switching between three satellites it is not possible for the slave receiver to control the satellite selection between the three satellites if the feed is looped out of the master receiver and the master receiver is powered ON.

Thanks for explanation Brian. Oh well it would have been nice. I'm trying to think of a way to get the dish install I think I've found my installer same guy that did my DishNet system years ago. He's a buddy of mine come to find out he's been installing Geosat systems mainly for Glorystar in SE NH and mentioned your company. He was having trouble setting up a receiver and I happened to be able to get him going.

BTW Brian is it possible to update the firmware thru the USB port with a PC? The manual seems to indicate only a USB memory stick? As I recall my ver was 1.32 (Sept 01??) or maybe 1.30.

Thanks Bob

The master receiver (GEOSATpro) selects the polarity and the DiSEqC switch setting if powered ON. All channels are on the horizontal polarity with your Dishpro system, so that is not an issue. The slave receiver (222) would only be able to receive channels from the satellite selected by the master receiver. The Loop Out feature would work fine if only one satellite was connected. Since your system requires DiSEqC switching between three satellites it is not possible for the slave receiver to control the satellite selection between the three satellites if the feed is looped out of the master receiver and the master receiver is powered ON.

You may update firmware via USB and also modify the satellite, transponder and channel list with the Channel Master channel editing software (Import and export as a CNX file type). Recent Firmware and instructions are available at: http://satelliteav.com/portal/33/documents/DSR100c_DSR200c_Firmware_Loader_Guide.zip

Once you have your dish set-up you can download the latest firmware and satellite / transponder list manually or automatically via satellite. Currently we are running identical firmware updates on Galaxy 19 transponder frequencies 12115 and 11842. A firmware update takes approximately 4 minutes and satellite / transponder updates approximately 1 minute.

I read the the instructions for updated via usb but it does not address whether I can connect my desktop pc to it via a usb cable. Unless I'm missing something here. I did'nt know whether I could run a loader program on my pc to access the receiver via a usb cable and not a usb drive. If you follow what I mean. I would use the 232 port but unfortunately I don't have a null modem cable or a working rs 232 port on my pc.

You may update firmware via USB and also modify the satellite, transponder and channel list with the Channel Master channel editing software (Import and export as a CNX file type). Recent Firmware and instructions are available at: http://satelliteav.com/portal/33/documents/DSR100c_DSR200c_Firmware_Loader_Guide.zip

Once you have your dish set-up you can download the latest firmware and satellite / transponder list manually or automatically via satellite. Currently we are running identical firmware updates on Galaxy 19 transponder frequencies 12115 and 11842. A firmware update takes approximately 4 minutes and satellite / transponder updates approximately 1 minute.

I am not the expert (X+spurt) (also known as a has been / former drip under pressure) on this, but everything I have been successful at with this is with USB drive swapping, not linking USB port to port. I use USB memory sticks and USB hard drives with mine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)