I have two questions about my DVR-522 Receiver

cpapjack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
Getzville, NY
Hi everyone. I'm new here. Well, I am new to posting anyway. I'm a long time reader, 1st time posting here. Anyway, my two questions are this:

1) Every night before bed, we let our 5yr old and 3yr old watch a recorded cartoon of their choice. What I've noticed is this: whenever the program is over, I usually hist the live button and then pause the tv so the wife and I won't miss whatever is on, if we decide to watch that channel is. The problem is, whenever I press tha pause button, the pause image appears on the screen, but the program doesn't actually pause. I then have to press the pause button again to make the image go away and press the pause button again after a few seconds before it'll actually pause.

2) This is a random issue, but really frustrating nonetheless. My wife and I will be sitting there watching a recorded program when all of the sudden, it ends itself. We may have 20 minutes or so left, but the end of the program screen comes up. I've tried rewinding, restarting the program, rebooted the receiver, with no luck. It seems to me that somehow the program became corrupt or maybe it was recorded to a bad hard drive sector or something.

Has anyone experienced these problems? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jack

(1) This is weird, never heard of this happening before. Sounds like it might be a software issue.

(2) When the recorded program ends suddenly try pressing the skip back button to see if the show will continue to play. Sounds like another program or function caused the show to quit recording early most likely.

DVR-522 Problems

(1) This is weird, never heard of this happening before. Sounds like it might be a software issue.

(2) When the recorded program ends suddenly try pressing the skip back button to see if the show will continue to play. Sounds like another program or function caused the show to quit recording early most likely.

1) That's what I'm thinking, but I don't know. I thought this latest version of software is supposed to be fairly stable?

2) I have done that, to no avail. Same thing happens.......AFAIK, nothing caused the show to stop recording early. I say this because a show will display it's full recording time. Besides, it's happened to often to be that coincidental I think.

The best thing to do is to have it replaced if you think there is an issue with it. Doing the advanced exchange program allows you to continue using your receiver until the replacement comes. They will go over things over the phone to help you out. Ask to speak to advanced tech support when you get on the phone, no poing in wasting your time on the CSR's in Asia.

The best thing to do is to have it replaced if you think there is an issue with it. Doing the advanced exchange program allows you to continue using your receiver until the replacement comes. They will go over things over the phone to help you out. Ask to speak to advanced tech support when you get on the phone, no poing in wasting your time on the CSR's in Asia.

Stargazer,

Thanks for the advice. I did exactly what you said and my new 522 arrived last Thursday. I haven't had a chance to install it just yet though, as we still have a few recordings that we need to watch.

That is what I hate about a DVR going bad, you got all those shows to watch before sending it back. I usually wait until I have my shows watched before getting a replacement because they only give you 10 days to have it shipped back to them or they will charge you for the receiver they sent you. If it is just a few recordings then by the time you get the receiver you will have already watched them or have time to watch them. I usually end up with a bunch of stuff that I didnt get to watch when one goes bad but have not had any hardware issues with mine for a good while (if ever) with the 522/625 models.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)