I just got U703 on my HWS

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
Today, I was still on software version U249 on my HWS, so I decided to try the manual update. To my surprise, I downloaded U703 (with a date of 7/30/18). I don't think I have seen U703 mentioned yet. I wonder what has changed?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, having nothing to lose, I forced it onto my LR HWS. I’m beginning to think the 30 minutes notice is gonna be accurate.

Can’t do so with the MBR HWS because it’s recording.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Did you let it sit after it rebooted?

It sat and waited until it came back up on it's own. I just checked again after leaving it off overnight, and thanks to a drunk driver that took out a power pole a few miles away, it was even completely unpowered for a couple of hours this morning until I started the generator. Still sitting at U249...

I'll try again when my wife's soap opera is over. :angel

Even though U703 has been released to the public, I think that Dish still rolls out the release to certain groups of receivers at a time. That way, they can limit the number of phone calls, and control the release if problems develop.

In the past there have been many times when I tried to download a new firmware version, and when it finished, I still had the old firmware. The receiver would go through the whole procedure as if it did the download and upgrade, but after it re-booted, I was left with the old software.

Reactions: HipKat
Well, I tried running the update tool again, and this time it went all the way through successfully! I haven't dug around U703 much yet, but I will. My other H2 will have to wait until I get back to our cottage though. There are somethings you just can't do with DishAnywhere. :biggrin

Attachments

• DishDiagPage.JPG
    DishDiagPage.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: pattykay
How do you force a software update?
MENU, MENU, TOOLS, then look to the right of the screen where it says UPGRADE SOFTWARE.
After you start the download, do not hit select or touch the remote for about 30 mins. The screen saver will pop up and you will think it is complete, but it isn't and it will cancel it. Best to do it overnight when no one will touch the remote.

Hopper to Hopper playback trick play has been fixed and a few other things. :)

Haven't had time to run through everything, but noticed while watching a recorded program from the other receiver, pushing the stop button will freeze the recording, pushing the stop button again does nothing. Using the pause button the timer clock starts running. The only way to go back to live programing is to use the guide or turn the receiver off and back on again.

Last edited:
Haven't had time to run through everything, but noticed while watching a program from the other receiver, pushing the stop button will freeze the recording, pushing the stop button again does nothing. Using the pause button the timer clock starts running. The only way to go back to live programing is to use the guide or turn the receiver off and back on again.

I haven't seen that one here. I just checked again while playing a recording from the other Hopper 3 and when I pressed the stop button it pulled up the playback stopped selection screen just like it should, and View Live TV drops out of the recording to live TV.

I haven't seen that one here. I just checked again while playing a recording from the other Hopper 3 and when I pressed the stop button it pulled up the playback stopped selection screen just like it should, and View Live TV drops out of the recording to live TV.
I'm using two Hopper Slings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)