I just ordered a DSR-500 :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
AWESOME! I just got the cables switched around and have my Primestar that is pointed to G10 hooked into the SatPros in my wife's home office. Picture is great, set up easy! I skimmed the manual, but it is not really needed :)

Same here... swung over to G10R and let it scan the TP's and they came right up. Excellent picture...I like the way the menus are designed so far. I should have bought 2 receivers!

OK. That's a couple of people who I've seen mention "Excellent Picture". Really, is there that much of a difference between manufacturers? The whole MPEG decoding of the picture should turn out the same on all of the different receivers I would have thought. Do some manufacturers cut corners somehow in the decoding process to build the picture? In a side-by-side comparison, on say the CBS Newspath channel, is the picture noticably different between different receivers?

pix quality

OK. That's a couple of people who I've seen mention "Excellent Picture".
Really, is there that much of a difference between manufacturers?
Geez, I sure hope not! :eek:
Maybe we were surprised so much good, came in such a small package.

I was feeding a fairly big LCD TV, and I'm always on the lookout for incompatibilities.
I thought the menu graphics looked a little less than sharp, but more than adequate for use.
While playing with the menu on the Satpros, I found that telling it I had a PAL-only TV sometimes made the menu graphics look clearer.
In the end, I set the format back to NTSC-only.

With no svideo nor component out, I used the composite video.
Anyone using the modulator output, ... I don't think you get to gripe. ;)
Well, unless the modulator quality was really bad...

I give up on my search for SatPros info. You are right, everything out there is a hack site. I am niave on thissubject, but I did read a warning that loading a file onto your receiver can kill it. Why take that chance? I wonder how many of the FTA dishes I see in town are hackers or legit? Sorry, I digress.

I have my SatPro hook up with the RCA's. As a bonus, my tv was the default code inthe remote, so it already works controlling my tv :)

I give up on my search for SatPros info. You are right, everything out there is a hack site. I am niave on thissubject, but I did read a warning that loading a file onto your receiver can kill it. Why take that chance? I wonder how many of the FTA dishes I see in town are hackers or legit? Sorry, I digress.

I would be tempted to update the firmware on the Satpros if a new version with Blind Scan capability came out :)

I am located in Canada. I see lots of houses with 3 or 4 dishes, all with DBS LNBs on them, and judging by the angles, I know that they're pointed at 61.5, 82, 91, 110, 119 . Not much FTA on those birds..

Got mine yesterday, wanted to watch a feed on it last night, but danged if the feed wasn't 4:2:2

I wish it would show the meter when scanning, or maybe I didn't see where that shows. Also I couldn't find where to delete the entire channel list??

Looking for that feed last night made me realized I HAVE to have two things. A receiver with blind scan, and a motor.

epg?

has anyone figured out the epg? all i get is no info. where at for $37 i paid 58.99 on ebay and would buy more for $37.00. thanks... neat stb

you missed the boat

has anyone figured out the epg? all i get is no info.
where at for $37 i paid 58.99 on ebay and would buy more for $37.00.
thanks... neat stb
The deal for SatelliteGuys members was $25 + $12 shipping.
But they were all gone prior to last weekend.
We're just now getting our shipments.
There is nothing wrong with the receiver
EPG doesnt work here in the US for 99% of the chanels

I am attaching pictures of my Satpros/Coby "satellite meter". Held together with Velcro and two sleeping bag straps.
$37 + $20 = $57 meter.
Bob

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 149
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 163
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts