I left DIRECTV for DISH NETWORK...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Digital Dude said:
I'd been with DirecTV since the introduction of the DTC-100 over 6 years ago but I have a personal ethical dilemma that keeps me with DirecTV for the time being, that's E*'s outsourcing their customer service and the way they nickel and dime their subs. We have Sirius over XM because XM's customer service is 1/2 way around the world. I want better PQ but won't reward a company that sends jobs overseas. I know DirecTV has plans to do the same so I'm screwed, but the first time I call DirecTV and get an asian call center it'll be hello Dish.

I don't know what you mean by the highlighted section, DD... D* just opened up their fourth owned call cneter in Montanna, to go with the ones they own in Oklahoma, Alabama and Idaho. They also have announced plans to open another call center in the Denver area next year IIRC. While D* does have some call cneters outside the US (in the Phillipines, the Dominican Republic and Mexico) the vast majority of call centers, both owned and outsourced, are right here in the good ol' US of A! :up

I doubt anyones DVR is ever going to get shut off. Tivo is just looking for some royalties. And the last time I checked, D*'s new DVR timeshifts and does not use Tivo either. I know D* has renewed with Tivo for their other products but I dont see what stops Tivo from suing D* over the new HR20-700

"I doubt anyones DVR is ever going to get shut off"

Me either; there is already another court blocking the injunction telling Dish to turn them off. This is almost exactly like the recent patent troubles Blackberry had IMHO. This will more than likely means a paid settlement; dish will either pay a perpetual royalty and continue on; OR they will modify/remove just enough to please TiVo and all will be done with the one0tine settlement payoff; except for the passing along of said payment to consumers.

vurbano said:
I doubt anyones DVR is ever going to get shut off. Tivo is just looking for some royalties. And the last time I checked, D*'s new DVR timeshifts and does not use Tivo either. I know D* has renewed with Tivo for their other products but I dont see what stops Tivo from suing D* over the new HR20-700

Imagine if Charlie buys Tivo to get out from under this, and Rupert is paying Charlie for 3 years. What a fun discussion that would make!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)