I made the jump from DISH to DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cards Big East

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
I must say that the AT&T installer who installed my U-Verse internet and DirecTV was the most professional, and hard working installer that I have ever seen, and I have used DISH and TW cable installers in the past. So far, the service seems great. The DirecTV picture seems a bit more "crisp" then DISH's HD did. Maybe it's just my imagination. The Genie boxes are going to take a bit of a leaning curve after being used to DISH's equipment for many years. I do wish that the boxes had a Netflix app built it like the Hopper.

One thing that really stands out is how much cooler the DirecTV equipment runs compared to DISH's. The Joeys would get hot to the touch. Overall, I am glad I made the switch and look forward to the service. Anything I need to be aware of?

I've heard the DTV picture is crisper, but what about compression artifacts/noise, especially in solid surface backgrounds? Noticeable?

I must say that the AT&T installer who installed my U-Verse internet and DirecTV was the most professional, and hard working installer that I have ever seen, and I have used DISH and TW cable installers in the past. So far, the service seems great. The DirecTV picture seems a bit more "crisp" then DISH's HD did. Maybe it's just my imagination. The Genie boxes are going to take a bit of a leaning curve after being used to DISH's equipment for many years. I do wish that the boxes had a Netflix app built it like the Hopper.

One thing that really stands out is how much cooler the DirecTV equipment runs compared to DISH's. The Joeys would get hot to the touch. Overall, I am glad I made the switch and look forward to the service. Anything I need to be aware of?
The Directv HD picture quality is AMAZING!!! You will love Directv!

Reactions: Cards Big East

I'm curious what was the last dishnet receiver you used before switching to Directv.

So, how are you liking DirecTV since it's been a little while since you switched? I'm seriously thinking now of switching from dish. Would you still consider the PQ on DirecTV better than dish? Since I upgraded to my xbr65850c from a 50" plasma, the softness of the dish picture and the compression noise/blocks/grainyness is more apparent. Hoping the DirecTV picture would be an improvement.

So, how are you liking DirecTV since it's been a little while since you switched? I'm seriously thinking now of switching from dish. Would you still consider the PQ on DirecTV better than dish? Since I upgraded to my xbr65850c from a 50" plasma, the softness of the dish picture and the compression noise/blocks/grainyness is more apparent. Hoping the DirecTV picture would be an improvement.
Yes, I do consider the picture to be a slight improvement over DISH. It is most noticeable during sports, at least to me. The NCAA tourney I started watching when I still had DISH. The same stations just look more crisp and the color is better. To be fair, the AT&T installer replaced the cables inside the house, so whether it's the DirecTV or the new cables I can't be 100% sure.

Yes, I do consider the picture to be a slight improvement over DISH. It is most noticeable during sports, at least to me. The NCAA tourney I started watching when I still had DISH. The same stations just look more crisp and the color is better. To be fair, the AT&T installer replaced the cables inside the house, so whether it's the DirecTV or the new cables I can't be 100% sure.

If you were having cabling issues, you would have more problems than a soft, washed-out picture.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)