I NEED HELP, BIG TIME

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Please bare with me for I am computer ignorant and don't understand most of the computer jargon that is used here. I have the ACC program installed and I have a file set up with all_channel.dat, antenna_list.dat, DVBS.dat. I do not understand how to open the file to make sat/channel updates. I select the file, hit open and nothing happens. I do understand how to send the data from the PC to the AZ Box Premium Plus and have accomplished that.

I use MAZ 3.2 to edit Channels / Sats. Pretty easy program.
Install, run, enter IP Address of your AZBox, download files, make changes, save, and upload back to AZBox.

The ACC program send files to and from the AZ Box with the data, at least that's the way I understand it. I was sent a file of sats and channels and I loaded them into the ACC program and sent them to the AZ Box. Now I have the channels I want and want to edit some satellite names, but I can not open the file to make the changes. I have read the instructions in the AZ Box guide over and over, but it's not soaking in. I am missing something due to my inexperience with computers. I don't want to mess with computers, I just want to watch TV. This satellite stuff has always been fun for me, but since I got the AZ Box it has turned into work.

I am not familiar with ACC, just MAZ 3.2.
ACC is just more than a channel editor, so it may be confusing to learn.
I would give MAZ 3.2 a try, it's just the Channel Editor.
You install on a networked PC (AZBox must be on network too)
In the MAZ program, you enter the IP Address of the AZBox, select Download from AZBox, Channel / Sat files will open, make edits, then select Upload to AZBox, and file will be sent - then reboot AZBox for changes to take place.

OK, I just went thru this, this week. Google - maz 3.2 azbox download.
This will get you a source for the MAZ 3.2.0.0 to download.
Now, the problem with language - if my download had come up in Spanish, I would have been happier....
Click on 'Configuration', top left selection icon, then you can select the language under Options.

filecrop.com/MAZ-azbox.html has a list of MAZ versions. You will need to download and unzip.
When you run the program, select the top left icon (Configuration) and then the lower window (to the right of the column of icons) is Options, there is no 'Drop-Down' in the normal 'Windows' style.

Here's what it does, perhaps we don't understand

Attachments

• Print Screen.png
    Print Screen.png
    111 KB · Views: 225
When we click the Lenguaja drop down, there's nothing there

Sonya,

I had the same problem for a long time. I cannot recall how I repaired this, but I thought I posted the "how" here somewhere. Use the site or forum search feature and see if you can locate my post on it. My apologies, but that was many moons ago and I cannot recall what I had for breakfast yesterday, so I am now as lost as you.

Now, I am trying to recall the whole affair, but my first question for you is "Are you using Windows Vista" on your PC?

Then you might try this... Put an "English language" movie DVD in your PC's DVD player and then start MazEdit. Please do not "Guffaw" me on this one, as I am totally serious. As bizzarre and looney as it sounds, having an USA (English language) movie DVD inserted in the DVD drive, my Vista OS PC would allow the langauge files or at least English to be revealed when MazEdit was opened. Found this by sheer accident and I have no clue why it worked or what it means. Just give it a try and see if it helps at all. No guarantees here, It's just something peculiar that I observed. It made no sense to me, but it was only that way on my Vista OS PC.

Next... I had other problems with Maz and eventually found a different source to download the app file from. It worked and I no longer needed to do anything special. Go figure. Don't know where I got it. You'll just have to browse around.

RADAR

Please bare with me for I am computer ignorant and don't understand most of the computer jargon that is used here. I have the ACC program installed and I have a file set up with all_channel.dat, antenna_list.dat, DVBS.dat. I do not understand how to open the file to make sat/channel updates. I select the file, hit open and nothing happens. I do understand how to send the data from the PC to the AZ Box Premium Plus and have accomplished that.

D. Jim,

You cannot edit these files with ACC. MaZEdit does allow some editing, but it isn't very helpful IMHO. I have not found many editors that work with the AZBox at all or very well. But, you can try Wolfgang Litzingers "SetEdit" programs if you have a mind to. He charges $ for them and I didn't get them to work for me very well. But, you definitely cannot do it through ACC, that is just a loader program, basically.

Read the contents of the A-Z Guide for AZBox in the stickies. Maybe it has been updated. Sorry, that's the best I can do at this hour of the morning (tired and lost and way too ready to sleep).

RADAR

Last edited:
AcWxRadar: I think I just posted (a minute before you!) the thread you are talking about!

Keith,

Yes, I see that now. I must have been composing my post while you were doing yours. Thanks for locating it.

I have no explanation as to why that worked, but I swear that it did!

Just try it and it may get you by for the interim. I have installed a new version of Maz now and don't need to do so, even on my Vista PC.

RADAR

Please bare with me for I am computer ignorant and don't understand most of the computer jargon that is used here.

migold said:
You will need to download and unzip.

What does unzip mean

Thanks Radar, it doesn't work. That's all I need to know. I will stick with what I have been doing. I have refined my method and added a few steps by doing it on the receiver and it doesn't screw up as much as it used to. Sleep tight;).

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions, they are appreciated.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)