I need info on new hopper plus

They have Google Assistance but when I'm able to post the home screen of the androids you will see that I'm right.
I know what Android TV looks like, I have a Nvidia Shield in my Outdoor Theater.

You posted a pic of a Roku and the new version of Android TV is now Google TV, that’s it.

I have 2 new Sony TVs, they both came with the new version of Google TV.

It sounds like a service call is required. Is that correct? If so why?

Purchased movies are stored on the cloud, not the HDD
Actually, it is both. If you select the Watch Later option when you purchase it, then it will download to the hard drive, just like any other On Demand event. In my earlier post, I was referring to the Purchases folder in the DVR menu. All of my purchased movies (including the ones that need to be streamed from the cloud) were also available through the Purchases shelf in the On Demand menu. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

Reactions: charlesrshell
No and yes and No, I'm sorry to talk in riddles but I can't or won't talk about it until after Dish releases these androids to everybody. But if you are a new customer to dish you won't have multiview with androids.
Wait, so you are saying that existing customers will get features with these, that are not included for new customers, such as Multiview?

And neither are streaming services
And in my post that started this discussion, I clearly said "streaming site" not "streaming service." As in, it is a website from which video content can be streamed. You are the one who tried to solely focus the statement on streaming services.

The Dish Anywhere is for those who subscribe to it’s Traditional Service, you cannot go online and subscribe to Dish Anywhere.

Comcast and Charter the same, you can access their content via a app, but you still have to subscribe to it’s Traditional Service.
Yes, and you still have to subscribe to Dish to use the Hopper+, since Scott already confirmed that the Hopper+ will not work when the Hopper is deactivated.

And I already explained how Dish Anywhere can be used for accessing some previously-purchased content without needing to continue to subscribe to Dish. In my case, that content is tied to a different Dish account.

I know what Android TV looks like, I have a Nvidia Shield in my Outdoor Theater.

You posted a pic of a Roku and the new version of Android TV is now Google TV, that’s it.

I have 2 new Sony TVs, they both came with the new version of Google TV.
I, as well including the Shield Pro

I am like you. I will not give up my 2nd H3. I got it to get 4K on my 2nd LG OLED. I also got it to get PIP and Multiview that the 4k Joey I replaced did not do. From what I read above the Plus will not do Multiview at the current time. It seems the Joey4 will not do PIP or Multiview , either. I already have Roku 4K devices on both LGs. This new Dish product has too many drawbacks at the moment. I will lose too many features I desire to get the advantage of one remote.
I dont use multi view or pip on either h3 or joey 4k, my reason for have 2nd h3 was

1. Cause I hate the idea of 1 box controling all tv in house, 2nd h3 serves backup, if one fails so all tv have something to watch till can get back up. which one those h3 have failed and or had to be replace atlest 3 times so far.

2. 1 hopper has over 100+ dvr and mutliple folders for just 2 people and nothing is ever deleted even if stuff is watched which usual isnt, so the DVR is mess to look at and triggers my OCD, Which why I am using 2nd h3 which has 1 folder and 6 permanent recordings, rest are deleted as i watch them. and other 2 people dont watch tv often let alone record thing in spare room where the h3 is.

but like said i wont give up my 2nd hopper3, If wally was 4k and had atlest 3 tuners that would be my setup. cause that 7$ month per wally and one time fee to add dvr functions, but they would probably give grief for have more then 1, just like they would give grief for try to get more then 1 hopper duo and try to get 2nd h3 was like pulling teeth even with loyality/presidential line.

I called dish and asked how I get the hopper + since I already have the hopper and wireless 4K Joey. I was told I would have to pay one time fee of $50 and agree to a 24 month contract! I already pay for dish protect silver too and was my understanding any upgrades are free with this? Can you get it with $0 upgrade and no commitment?

No and yes and No, I'm sorry to talk in riddles but I can't or won't talk about it until after Dish releases these androids to everybody. But if you are a new customer to dish you won't have multiview with androids.

No I am not saying that at all, this is my last comment No MULTVIEW and I will talk to you people after the official release.
We have already had more than one existing customer in this thread say that the Hopper+ and new Joeys are already available. In LQQK's case, it was the CSR pushing the upgrade onto the customer, not the other way around. So, these seem to be relatively easy to get at this point. (As long as you are willing to pay the upgrade fee, anyway.) I really don't see the need for continued secrecy, unless there is something major coming on the 15th that nobody here has guessed yet. New software to make installing Joey 4's easier without the Hopper+, perhaps?

I called dish and asked how I get the hopper + since I already have the hopper and wireless 4K Joey. I was told I would have to pay one time fee of $50 and agree to a 24 month contract! I already pay for dish protect silver too and was my understanding any upgrades are free with this? Can you get it with $0 upgrade and no commitment?
Dish Protect has nothing to do with Upgrade fees. That's insurance on equipment with a discount for the cost of a a truck roll

I really don't see the need for continued secrecy, unless there is something major coming on the 15th that nobody here has guessed yet.
As a former beta tester, as you have posted several times before, you should know that beta testers have an NDA that prohibits you from divulging anything until the product is announced as available. We know that the product announcement is scheduled for September 15. Soft launch doesn't count. It's 11 days, live with it.

As a former beta tester, as you have posted several times before, you should know that beta testers have an NDA that prohibits you from divulging anything until the product is announced as available. We know that the product announcement is scheduled for September 15. Soft launch doesn't count. It's 11 days, live with it.
At this point, that still gives us 10 more days of wild speculation to get our hopes up with unrealistic expectations. (It is just after midnight on 9/5 here in the Eastern time zone.) That means that we will all be that much more disappointed when the official announcement is finally made, and it is not everything we hoped it would be. Did you see the last Dish Rumor Alert thread in the Pub Members section? That was a disaster, and that was after only two days of speculation before the official announcement.