I need info on new hopper plus

At this point, that still gives us 10 more days of wild speculation to get our hopes up with unrealistic expectations. (It is just after midnight on 9/5 here in the Eastern time zone.) That means that we will all be that much more disappointed when the official announcement is finally made, and it is not everything we hoped it would be. Did you see the last Dish Rumor Alert thread in the Pub Members section? That was a disaster, and that was after only two days of speculation before the official announcement.
Calm down. It may be almost time to send you back to DBStalk. You keep posting the same STUPID things over and over again. Its getting tiring. (again)

I had three Wally all active on my account at the same time at one point. No problem at all.
Rare imo, more time then not there not all gona have same audio/video sync
Can you get it with $0 upgrade and no commitment?
if call the right line and talk right person sure can. last 2 upgrades i got i got for free, or i payed for and they credited me cost over the next 6months, which i though was kind stupid considering it was still free. I have not had contract with them in 10+ years, i been manually calling to apply discounts all this time contract would cost me more monthly cause 40$ off i have month cant be used with any contract agreement. the half off of starz and dish movie pack can be reaplied so long as is still there and been there for 10+ years.

also I think being with them for like 20+ years helps when negotiate with them

I current have Starz/Dish movie package 10$ off month ( for last 10+years i been reaplying this before it ends to avoid prorate charges) $40 off month which reapllied every 6 to 12 months ( been doing this as long as i been doing half off starz/dish movie packages) Current have another 10$ credit next 6 months due to Dish telling me there "are"discount on h3 fee but only if i owned both and discount would only apply to one of h3 ( which i told them was stupid have to own both h3 but only would one we get discount, yet any joey or wally you own is discounted monthly) , and cause any other way reducing my bill would be contract and all contracts would wipe out 40$ off. so they gave me that $10 credit as compromise.

You have to be willing to call and mutiple time and argue with them to though. i have slowly lost patience with them over years. other wise my bill is well like 210 just for dish, i could pay $210 for both my internet similar programing and 4 dvr box with atlest 3 tuner with spectrum. when tell them that they see to be more willing to make make deals. but is all depend on person you get and how high up they are.

Last edited:
What is the advantage of going to the hopper + instead of staying with the hopper 3?

In my hopefully correct book:

1. Common interface for various programming sources.

2. Ability to add a keyboard and use my main TV as a functioning, reasonably fast, Internet browser. Without adding a PC to it.

#2 is what interests me most. Better PQ? We’ll see.

100% sure. And there are no plans to add it.
New member here. I had a Hopper 3 with Hopper Plus add on and four Joey 4s installed last Thursday. I can tell you my experience has been that this equipment is not ready for prime time. It is very buggy. I have had to reboot the Hopper 3, Hopper Plus, and/or Joey 4s at least once if not more each day for one reason or another. It is missing PIP and Multi-view along with other features that are on my Wally that I have previously been using on my RV. The above installation is new to me in my home. another feature that appears to be missing is Alexa integration. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out in the software, but right now it is definitely Beta at best. On the plus side other than the dish it was a direct replacement for my TiVo Edge system it replaced.

New member here. I had a Hopper 3 with Hopper Plus add on and four Joey 4s installed last Thursday. I can tell you my experience has been that this equipment is not ready for prime time. It is very buggy. I have had to reboot the Hopper 3, Hopper Plus, and/or Joey 4s at least once if not more each day for one reason or another. It is missing PIP and Multi-view along with other features that are on my Wally that I have previously been using on my RV. The above installation is new to me in my home. another feature that appears to be missing is Alexa integration. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out in the software, but right now it is definitely Beta at best. On the plus side other than the dish it was a direct replacement for my TiVo Edge system it replaced.
BLC1962 thanks for sharing. I usually wait for new things to be in the system for a while before I get them. I was going to break my golden rule and get the Hopper plus when we are allowed. But I am holding off for now.

BLC1962 thanks for sharing. I usually wait for new things to be in the system for a while before I get them. I was going to break my golden rule and get the Hopper plus when we are allowed. But I am holding off for now.
Don’t blame you. I had to make a decision based on Spectrum discontinuing support for cable cards in my area in the coming months. Since I use Dish in my RV during camping season I ultimately decided to go that direction. I hope I do not end up regretting that decision.

Don’t blame you. I had to make a decision based on Spectrum discontinuing support for cable cards in my area in the coming months. Since I use Dish in my RV during camping season I ultimately decided to go that direction. I hope I do not end up regretting that decision.
I am sure things will get better when DISH gets the bugs out of her. Did the technician give you any instructions on how to remove the Hopper+ and run your new Joeys and Hopper 3 the old fashion way?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
I am sure things will get better when DISH gets the bugs our of her. Did the technician give you any instructions on how to remove the Hopper+ and run your new Joeys and Hopper 3 the old fashion way?
Am i missing something or is it as simple as moving the HDMI cable from the Plus to the Hopper? Is the really any installation or deinstallation invved?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Am i missing something or is it as simple as moving the HDMI cable from the Plus to the Hopper?
I sure hope so, I want them there new Joeys. If it is as simple as removing the HDMI cable from the H+ and plugging back into the Hopper and maybe having to remove the H+ from the USB port I might get it ASAP. As long as the new Joeys work fine. Don't care if the apps work or not. This way I can use everything the old fashion way and plug the H+ back in at later date when most of the bugs are cleared up.

Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat
It is missing PIP and Multi-view along with other features that are on my Wally that I have previously been using on my RV.
Reading this sentence just made my day! I certainly never expected to be reading about a Hopper 3 system missing features that are available on a Wally! Sorry that sucks for you, but it is great for me, since I currently use a Wally. Hey, Wally never had PIP or Multi-view in the first place, so at least those are two features I will not be missing.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I needed a good laugh. Thank you! It has been a long time since I have read about Wally having any features that are not available on any model Hopper, other than maybe the Hopper Duo. Okay, Hopper 1 does not have Netflix, which Wally does have, so there is one other example. Still, the upper-model Hoppers have always had everything that is available on Wally, plus plenty of other extras.

I am truly sorry for your experience with this new system, and I hope things get better for you. Welcome to the site! Stick around for awhile, and keep reading, since this is a really fun place to hang out.

:welcome2

It might take a while before they get it to work like it is supposed to. Almost all their receivers they were making in the 2000s had bugs when they first came out, like the 811. Never worked right. Had to reboot it daily to clear out any problems. The other one that was a pain was the 921dvr. I had to reboot that one sometimes twice a day at first.