I need info on new hopper plus

Earlier I mentioned a USB thumb drive being used to expand the APPs storage and now I remember why my Samsung smart TV allows this! Now its not android based but I have a ton of apps and only used 2.39 out of 5 with 2.05 available without the stick! The stick is unlimited! I searched android smart TV devices and see most are 8gb. Best Android TV boxes 2022
I have a 500GB SSD on my TV Visa the USB 3.0 Port and I used the X-Plore app from the Google store to move all my 3rd party apps to the SSD.

8 gig of storage on a Hopper +! Sheesh

At the bulk discount rate they are getting in the manufacturing process and supply chain, installing at least a 32 gig flash drive would be a total of maybe (and I'm on the high side of this) maybe 30 cents!

Just how cheap can Dish get. If they skimped on the storage for a brand new box, I'm wondering just what else they skimped on.. Humm.
Oh, I dunno, efficient and thorough in-house testing?

Anyone have new info about the new hopper plus? such as cost or how good it works, will new customers get it free?
I spoke with Dish today and yes the new hopper plus is available. It is a $100 fee to upgrade but it is a purchase, for both the hopper plus and the joey 4. And you have to upgrade your joeys to get the android apps on them. The hopper plus is an add on device to your hopper 3. And you will have to have dish protect on your account to avoid the service tech charge. They require a service tech to come out to be sure it is installed correctly.

I spoke with Dish today and yes the new hopper plus is available. It is a $100 fee to upgrade but it is a purchase, for both the hopper plus and the joey 4. And you have to upgrade your joeys to get the android apps on them. The hopper plus is an add on device to your hopper 3. And you will have to have dish protect on your account to avoid the service tech charge. They require a service tech to come out to be sure it is installed correctly.
Bad day in my opinion to call try on a Tue/Wed/Thurs mid-morning. call tech support. Ask to add Dish Protect and ask to wave upgrade fees. Yes its a tech installation. Yes you need to upgrade the Joey's.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Do you know if the Hopper Plus is removed will the Joey 4 apps still work.

The 40.0 is not compatible with the Android boxes, only the 54 remotes are supported.
I jave a source at DISH. I get advise and counsel that occasionally differs from what I read here. Unfortunately this os not one of those rare cases. The 40.0 remotes are not fully compatible and making them compatible is not a high priority.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I jave a source at DISH. I get advise and counsel that occasionally differs from what I read here. Unfortunately this os not one of those rare cases. The 40.0 remotes are not fully compatible and making them compatible is not a high priority.
Are you hearing anything for making the H+ system 54.x series remote controls response actions to operate faster like they do with a Hopper with no H+ attached?

I work with the entire Android Team... and from discussions it is only the head of the team and myself who want 40.0 support.

While they haven't said it, I believe this move is to make the Google Gods happy with the voice remote.