I need info on new hopper plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Unfortunately, I asked a Front Line CSR if Work Orders for Joey 4's and Wireless Joey's without the Plus was possible and he said it's not. They'll only use them with the Plus, for now
My Hopper 3 would have had to be switched, if I would have done the upgrade. The CSRS that I talked with said nothing about switching out the Hopper 3, for an updated and modern Hopper 3. She also said, that my current equipment would work just fine with the Hopper Plus. I have currently a 4K Joey and two Joey 2.0s. I think some of the CSRS know what they are doing and talking about, but there are some, who should be educated on questions and switching out equipment. I also, heard that if you have a Smart TV, why would you want the Hopper plus?? That was the biggest factor for me to cancel the Work Order. I would still like to get at least two Joey 4s added, but will still sleep at night if I never get those added.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Plus was not ready to go and from where I sit has a long way to go before I would decide to release it.

However the Joey 4’s I feel for the most part ready to go. Some clean up is needed but it’s not bad.

The purpose of this was to bring Android TV to DISH. In reality it turned into bringing Dish to Android TV.
Like all of their new releases, never works as advertised

I feel Dish saw DirecTV full 100% streaming and the pure profits of no hardware or techs is very appealing to them! I can't blame them, but our nations internet infrastructure needs big improvements in order for America to move to 100% streaming.

Directv stream is not the same or the same lineup of Directv.

Just like Sling TV from Dish is not the same lineup of Dish.

My Hopper 3 would have had to be switched, if I would have done the upgrade. The CSRS that I talked with said nothing about switching out the Hopper 3, for an updated and modern Hopper 3. She also said, that my current equipment would work just fine with the Hopper Plus. I have currently a 4K Joey and two Joey 2.0s. I think some of the CSRS know what they are doing and talking about, but there are some, who should be educated on questions and switching out equipment. I also, heard that if you have a Smart TV, why would you want the Hopper plus?? That was the biggest factor for me to cancel the Work Order. I would still like to get at least two Joey 4s added, but will still sleep at night if I never get those added.
Is it possible that you have a Hopper With Sling and not a Hopper 3?

The Service Tech was trying to get me to switch my Hopper 3 for another Hopper 3. It seemed kind of odd and suspicious to me. What's your opinion
Durning my install of the Plus we changed out the Hopper 3 and it worked in getting the Plus up and running. There are other reasons to swap out like heat dust can kill the electronics and especially hard drive. Its basically a computer. They can clone the replacement to have all the settings timers and even recordings off the old one.

Reactions: charlesrshell