I need your help again. NFL Sunday Ticket renewal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PIZ

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Pennsylvania
I have had NFL Sunday Ticket for about 10 years. It is the only programming I have had. With my job, I just haven't had much time to watch TV, so I didn't want a package. So NFL Sunday Ticket is the only programming I have had on DirecTV. Well, I've been able to only have the NFL Sunday Ticket for all these years. Last year, or maybe it was the year before, they shut off my account and said I needed to subscribe to a programming package. I came on this board and someone knew of a Grandfather Rule or something like that that made it illegal or against policy to force someone to subscribe to a package.

So my question is, can someone direct me to the law, rule, policy, or whatever it is so I can renew my NFL Sunday Ticket without having to subscribe to a package?

Also, things have changed somewhat for me since I last decided against getting a package; Our cable has gone from $15 to about $30 and this may be the year I break down and actually get a package, but I want to find out how to get the best deal. I've been a customer for at least 10 years, so maybe that would mean something. If I tell them I am deciding between them and Dish Network, could I possibly get more for my money. I own my receiver, but do you have to rent them now? What is the cheapest package I could get?

Thanks in advance.

Family package is the cheapest package you can get. The fact you are already an existing customer precludes you from new customer offers. You can't get NFL Sunday ticket on DISH so with a 10 yr history it would be an empty threat. Your best chances is an offer from retention but your previous purchase history probably won't get you much.

Found what I was looking for in their TERMS and CONDITIONS

I'll see how it goes. This is what I found:

Sports, A La Carte and Pay Per View Programming

Blackout restrictions apply to sports programming. To receive sports programming and to order pay per view by remote, a DIRECTV subscription is required (except stand-alone NFL SUNDAY TICKET renewals) and all DIRECTV Receivers must be continuously connected to the same land-based phone line. There is an additional $1.50 charge when pay per view events and movies are ordered by phone utilizing the automated ordering system or an additional $5.00 charge for an operator-assisted order. Pay per view event purchase price is non-refundable. Most sports subscriptions automatically continue each year at a special renewal rate, provided DIRECTV carries these services, unless subscriber calls to cancel prior to the start of the season. Commercial locations require an appropriate license agreement. Commercial signal theft is subject to civil and criminal penalties.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)