I notice in the dbstalk website you can't talk about "moving" but you can here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow! I made this thread expecting only a few posts. I had no idea this thread would contain so many comments!

I had no doubt how the thread would go. Since the begining of time, well ok the begining of Satellite providing Networks, the #1 on-going topic is Distants and getting locals that you want.

So owning an impact gun and a toner plus a meter makes you an installer? While they sure are the tools used by techs, there is nothing stopping one from being a "handyman" who knows heck of a lot about DBS stuff!

I doubt there are many out there with these tools and your knowledge that aren't installers. Besides, how would you know about Mastec rules? http://forums.directv.com/thread/11081540 Or this post (#2) http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/213692-long-island-hr-44/

Reactions: ejb1980 and Troch77
I doubt there are many out there with these tools and your knowledge that aren't installers. Besides, how would you know about Mastec rules? http://forums.directv.com/thread/11081540 Or this post (#2) http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/213692-long-island-hr-44/

If not currently he was an installer, if he says otherwise well....:rolleyes:

There are some great members over there that have great information(HoTat2,Gary Toma, Doctorj,slice1900,etc) but a few ruin it for me, so I just browse.:p

Actually the ones that feel that it is their own private clubhouse, are installers. They do the same over at the DirecTV forum. I signed up at the DirecTV forum when I first got Direct. Within a week, one of the installers, started to report my comments as trolling. In turn I was banned from there, because the installers on there, were getting upset that an outsider got into their own private clubhouse.
There is an installer forum on here. And yes, that is for us techs.....You can ask technical/installation questions here. Most of us who are in the business will help you if we can.

I thought it was mandatory for sports packages
It used to be. But D* had to drop the requirement when customers complained that they no longer had POTS land lines in their homes.
I haven't had a POTS land line in over ten years.

As a tornado hits his area and he doesn't know about it because he refuses to have an interruption for a weather crawl on the screen ... :( ...

I hate the weather crawls too, let us know whats going on and then go back to your normal programming ... around here they will often stay with them all night.

Not many tornado's in Upstate NY. Last night on 2 Broke Girls, the local CBS affiliate ran a crawl about rain. If anything of importance is imminent I'm sure my phone will let me know. I do not need local TV hyping up the storm of the century that results in a raindrop or two.

Not many tornado's in Upstate NY. Last night on 2 Broke Girls, the local CBS affiliate ran a crawl about rain. If anything of importance is imminent I'm sure my phone will let me know. I do not need local TV hyping up the storm of the century that results in a raindrop or two.
Hmmm, How about another BLIZZARD ....

Btw, I have went thru a time where ALL CELL service from all providers were down ...

Take the Internet away from your cell phone and see how much fun you have.

so true Scott
I remember a few years ago I was asking in the Dish forum about getting set up on a "moved" account and had NO issues setting up the account at all. The rep who helped me knew what I was doing ;)

There is a ridiculously high chance that the rep was me...lol. I encouraged those in the know how to do this, but only after I knew I was not being listened to. The good ole days.... Charlie fixed that "issue".

There is a ridiculously high chance that the rep was me...lol. I encouraged those in the know how to do this, but only after I knew I was not being listened to. The good ole days.... Charlie fixed that "issue".
No it was a DIRT rep

Why are we going on a witch hunt? I don't care where a person posts but if they post here too then that is all that matters. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)