Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I found how to get both polarities on an old C-Band receiver and LNBF without slaving it :) (and it was by a fluke)

I had a line from the G4 dish hooked directly to my HTS Tracker IV for the wild feeds...it only has one input..but with the line directly hooked up I only got H polarity. The only way to get V polarity was to slave it and let a DVB box control it.

So this morning I was hooking it back up and I hooked the DC block on the input of the reciever and accidentally grabbed the wrong cable. I grabbed the cable from G4 dish and not the cable from the loop out of the CS8000. Hooked it up and turned on the Tracker IV and all of a sudden I had V channels. After checking cables and removing the dc block now I had H only.

I always thought I would need ot slave it to get V polarity...guess not...all I need to do is add a DC block :)

maybe it's just too early for me

I've read your post four times, and I just can't form a picture of it in my mind.
Is it anything like OnceWasLost described in his thread?

easy

cable from C-Band dish---------------reciever input = H polarity (odd channels on Tracker IV)
cable from C-Band dish------DC block-----reciever input = V Polarity (evens)

So instead of fabricating something, I just added a DC block to the mix :)
In the other thread, the receiver had 2 inputs...mine only has one so I can't run 2 cables to the receiver. What I might do is split the cable and on one output put the DC block and add a A/B switch

-------cable--------splitter out 1----dc block----A side of A/B switch------------reciever
----------------------splitter out 2-----------------B side of A/B switch

I wonder if this would correct the polarity problem with the 905,because of the inputs it utilizes. In regard to the discussion in the other thread about the 90 deg rotated LNBF setting.

not that I'm aware of. In that case, the polarity is wrong in the menu setup

So if the channel is on a V polarity and you still have it on standard setup, in the menu it shows Left_Horizontal

the dc block must be allowing some low dc voltage to pass or the lnbf would not send the IF signal or be powered up. Good deal, you may have a bad dc block because theoretically it should stop all voltage from going down the coax.

I tried three of them and they all did the same thing. So maybe the box defaults to 13v if it doesn't sense power

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)