I think L446 Broke my OTA Audio

duggan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
MA
Rebooting does help until you start changing channels. It's frustrating as I have a niece that likes to watch some of PBS subchannels I get OTA.

I called Dish and the Advanced Support person apologized and said they are aware of the issue and hope to have a fix this week. It can't come soon enough.

williamkmurphy

Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 20, 2006
Bills Country
Still stuck will L445...if this was a responsible company they would have attempted to do something nice for the affected customers

1) Turn National HD on for us
2) 25% off this month's bill (getting close to a week now I hope next saturday I'm not posting 50% off)
3) Immediately roll back to L445

With that being said is there anyway to be a part of FW testing? Like give me an extra 622\722 that gets updates early. I would have caught this when this was first released like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Rochester has a pretty weird mix of local stations broadcasting in different ways. Several stations still don't pass DD5.1

What a bunch of amateurs. STBs are really pretty easy to do. TI's DM6446 EVM pretty much is a DVR development kit with everything but the analog front ends built in.

-ATA support (40GB drive included in the 2006 kit)
-Mpeg4\2 and VC1 codec libraries available
-OSD resizers and windows in HW
-Dedictated input and output video ports
-EMAC and PHY on board
-USB 2.0 Host
-And about 3 dozen application notes on how to run everything

Sorry but this kind of stuff pisses me off. If I released a pos version of sw to my customer last week and hadn't fixed it yet you can bet your a** that I would be at work today.

Sorry hatred has now been released.

rwalborn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 22, 2006
Southern California
Tech Support Response

Tech support emailed back and said they are aware of the problem and determined it was a software problem. They are working on actively working on a fix and wsay it will be fixed in the near future.
They also wanted all my receiver information.

Smoky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 29, 2003
NC Mountains
Add my 622 to the list. When I change channels I have sound but no picture. When I do get a picture it takes 5 seconds or longer to show up. Sometimes its just black screen and sound on every channel change. I can hear it but can't see it. Plulled the plug for 10 does not help. It worked before I went out of town. but I came home to this S***. Trying to switch between football games is a pain today. This is with Satellite channels not with OTA. Thanks, Dish.

comollitd

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 19, 2007
Williston, VT
An "Advanced Tech Support" person asked me, "What channel is OTA. I knew our conversation was doomed from that moment in time. After conversations with his "pals" in the background, they agreed that this OTA audio loss is a known problem-- and wouldn't be fixed before next week.
My situation now seems to get worse each day. There is no audio on two of the locals (OTA) and I can't record audio from a number od other syations. Also, the receiver locks up when I try to move from channel to channel without going to the guide.
I assumed that this download was rushed to the marketplace to compete with Direct's new VOD service, but I would have hoped that Dish would have stopped the rest of the markets from getting the software once Atlanta and other cities reported problems. If it weren't for the ecxcellent past experience I've had with the 622 and the 722, I'd be looking kindly at Direct's new HD offerings.

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
Well I thought I would not get hit by this one.... Played back NUMB3RS recorded last night off FOX and no audio. On the 622. Can't reboot right now I'm recording two other programs.. This sucks... Calling it in right now.

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
Man... the CSR I just talked to admitted they have problems with every software release they put out. I pleaded with her to pass on to the software team to do better beta testing. She then shut me down....

long_time_DNC

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, where it rains a lot...
Again, why did you deal with Dish Network and NOT local dealers?
I,m a local dealer and I always explain this disanvantage. I take care my customers same or next day NOT 3-5 days and FREE of charges. I give a customer 1 year warranty free of charge( not even $ 29 like DISH do).

I can't even my local dealer to do work for me...they just tell me to call Dish Network. I called them and asked them if they'd put up a 24" dish for me (this was about 5-6 months ago) for 129? The owner told me I'd probably get it free from Dish rather than the $90 he'd have to charge me and when I told him I'd pay the $90 for a faster turn-around, he hemmed and hawed and told me it'd probably be if I called Dish Network.

Sure, I got it free from Dish, but they rescheduled the appointment twice and it took almost 2 weeks to get it. I'd have gladly paid $90 for a 2-3 day turn-around instead of almost 2 weeks from Dish...but it was like the guy didn't want my business. Seemed odd to me...

AT&TDishman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 4, 2006
Indianapolis
Have had L4.46 for awhile with no problems, but do not have OTA on the TV. The other 622/OTA still has L4.45, so I guess they have stopped updating until they get the bugs fixed. Sorry to hear about all the problems you guys are having.

havana

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 1, 2005
Cedar Ridge CA.
Deja Vu all over again...as a former 921 survivor I’m having serious repressed memory flashbacks.

I think it's called Dish-software upgrade anxiety disorder.

gandia9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 17, 2007
Same thing is happening here in Las Vegas. I usually pick up 10-11 stations pretty well but since about 3 days ago, I have lost signal on a few stations all together and audio for most of them. It is interesting that when I turn from a station that is working fine to another OTA station that isn't , I lose the audio on the original station. I am waiting for a "chat" tech to help me right now (i'm not holding my breath). If there are any ideas or fixes that people have tried, they would be greatly appreciated.

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
I've got a problem with my Dish VIP722 reception of OTA HD sound. Silence on most channels: Fox 2.1, NBC 4.x, ABC 7.1, CBS 13.1, and religious ones in Albuqueque. My HL-T5687 sound works on some: PBS 5.x, more PBS 9.x, CW 19.1. Could some be PCM and others Dolby so that 722 is not getting one? All work directly over the air. I've never had this problem with prior HL-S5687.

BTW, I switched to the Avical starter set and after an hour to adjust myself, I like it.

Update: A reboot added the channel I was on. Same with switch check and maybe another. A subsequent reboot lost the 4.1 signal it had gained but gained 4.2 subchannel. Really RANDOM.
All seem to be Dolby Digital by the TV and not PCM. I noticed that some report PBS bad others (like me) find it works.
-Ken

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
I finally had a chance to watch Bionic Woman on my 622 last night and found that I have the same problem as many others here - no audio from OTA. Not sure when I got the L446 "upgrade" but it seems to have hosed my OTA audio as well. The main reason I put a new antenna up on my house was so that I could make use of that third tuner in the 622, and now it doesn't work. Way to go Dish! :(

rwjga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 25, 2005
Asheville, NC
Problem Back

Yesterday I reported that my problems had be solved overnight. It seemed that way as everything was working fine. This morning, the problems have returned. I guess the problems just come and go, but I can see no pattern. Hopefully they will resolve this soon as it is a real pain.

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Me, too. Called DISH Tech Support Friday, 10/26. Tech rep. would not admit it was a 4.46 issue, just said sometimes the recordings get "corrupted." Suggested I do a complete power recycle, i.e., unplug the unit, then go thru the start up; then, delete the season recording order for the "bad" shows and re-enter them. Good luck. My problems were with CSI: NY and Criminal Minds, then NUMB3RS, and who knows what else. WAF is getting low each time I try to play a favorite show and it is video only.

I had done a front panel reset, thought all was good. Guess I just have to pretend I had a power outage:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts