I think L446 Broke my OTA Audio

I thought it was fixed this morning...........WRONG. Changed channels and once again no audio. Most of the time the problem is there. Now and then its ok. Rebooting, changing audio settings, cussing, makes no difference.:mad: No pattern that I can see. Ggggrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Ed

Experiencing same problem. Lost Audio on my 8-1 and 8.2. All other 4 local channels are ok. I'm a Husker fan so it was pretty frustrating yesterday when I couldn't watch the game in HD. Sounds like they're working on a fix. I've tried all the tests in this thread with no luck. Waiting for a fix.

How are you able to watch Numbers on Fox? ;):)

Here in Albuquerque, the same company (LIN) ownes both the CBS local station (KRQE) and the FOX local station (KASA). Sometimes they will air shows that aired originally on CBS on FOX. So it is possible to watch Numbers in my area on FOX.

I am having the Audio go out on my OTA channels, sometimes it fixes the problem if I just turn the VIP722 power off and back on again, other times I have to reset the box all together. This only fixes some of the channels though. Just a good thing that this fixes the ones I am usually wanting to watch.

Is there any word on them getting this fixed or working on getting this fixed?

Another One!!!

VIP-622 L446 don't hold channel up or down buttons for channel surfing as the receiver will lose video and audio. you will have to reboot

In the Montgomery,AL DMA with my Vip 722 I have the same problem with OTA channels, but I managed to get mine to work so far without incident. Basically, I don't think it's something in the channel's data stream the receiver doesn't like, I think it is just a software problem in the way it handles the OTA channels. I'll explain.... I have channels 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 12.1,12.2,12.3,20.1,20.2,26.1 through 26.4, 29.1, and 32.1. Ok... Now to the strange part, I'll start from the top down, so if I start on 32.1 and go down, I'll have audio on every channel, but as I go back up, 12.1 won't, 12.2 will, 20.1 won't, 20.2, will, 26.1 and 26.3 won't, but 26.2 and 26.4 will ,29.1 won't but 32.1 will. Now, since 12.1 didn't have sound, if you go to the dish local for 12 and leave it for 15 to 30 seconds, the audio will come back on 12.1, as well as 20.1, 26.1 and 26.3, 29.1 and 32.1 still has audio, while 12.2, 20.2,26.2 and 26.4 don't now when they did have it before. Basically, if I managed to get audio back for the channel, it loses the secondary digital sub channel. The other way to get audio back for any channel is to go to the ota local screen in t he menu and got the affected channel and let it sit until it get a signal meter reading then press view so it goes back to watching tv and go to the channel and audio will be back. What I did find out was, 8.1 and 8.2 are mirror channels and that I once I got my audio back, if I go to any channel but 8.1, I am fine, but as soon as I go to 8.1 I have the wierdness as described above. So, I deleted 8.1 from the channels list and use 8.2 and all has been fine. I've had every show record with audio for the last two days and it is still working fine. Behaviour also noted was 8.1's picture would go in and out while 8.2 was solid. Let me know if this helps anyone....

For me it has been primarily network programs on KCBS 2.1 and KNBC 4.1. When the audio drops out of the network programs on 4.1 there is also no audio on 4.2 and 4.4. Nothing seems to help restore audio - reboots, channel scans, settings adjustments. I have set all of my OTA network timers to record off of the satellite until the problem is resolved. I already missed Bionic Woman. I am not going to miss Chuck, Journeyman, or NCIS!

I am having no problems on ota reception but I am having problems with playback on any sat delivered shows on my 722 now. When ever I start a program it has a black frozen screen with no movement or sound. I have to hit skip forward to get the show moving. This is only happening on my 722 that has L4.66 . I have recordings that were recorded pre L 4.66 on shows that I haven't got around to watching yet. I had Criminal minds from two weeks ago and one from last week with the new software. The older one recorded played just fine , but the newest one was black frozen screens. I also noticed I can not watch a program that is actually recording from the start no matter what I do. THis is all reproducable on my 722 since I have several older programs and newer copies that I can compare the different software recordings. OH and this is only on my sat delivered hd locals. Thank Goodness I don't have it on my other two 622s yet.

Last edited:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed but it looks like my OTA audio problem has been solved. I had it back and it left before so we'll see.:rolleyes: It's been ok since late afternoon and still shows L446 software (722).

Ed

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but it looks like my OTA audio problem has been solved. I had it back and it left before so we'll see.:rolleyes: It's been ok since late afternoon and still shows L446 software (722).

Ed

It's still there. No audio for World Series again tonight for me.

Change OTA channels a few time and I bet you lose audio again.

I have changed channels & powered the receiver on/off lots of times. Can't seem to bust it, LOL. Been watching the Sox destroy the Rockies with this new innovation in TV............SOUND! Maybe Dish should advertise that:rolleyes:. Hope yours gets fixed and hope mine stays that way. Don't exactly have a lot of confidence in it yet.

Ed

I don't know if I encountered the OTA audio isssue w/ the L446 software today or not...

I recorded the Bears vs. Lions game on Chicago Fox 32.1 and when I watched the game off my 622 DVR, it had only audio from the field (ambient low-level w/ play calls and chatter, a bit of crowd) but no color commentary, music etc. When it went to commercial, it seemed O.K., but whenever it was gameplay, it was only that 1 channel of the mix. It came in w/ a full mix about 15 min. into the game.

I looked online and saw no mentions of others remarking on a broadcast audio issue, so I'm still scratching my head on this one...

Hope, if I was suffering from the L446 audio bug, that it gets fixed soon. I may have gotten lucky that it 'fixed' itself while still in the first quarter. Funny, though, it was kind of nice to only have field ambience--it was more like actually being at the game :)?

audio problems continue

Sorry but the audio problems continue on my 722. No combination of possible fixes suggested works for my 722. I've emailed Dish a number of times with NO replys. Grrrrrrr......

Well my problems extend much further than I originally thought with this update. I DVR a lot of shows and caught up this weekend. My CW channel has no audio period and nothing can restore it. In live mode or pause, all audio is as it should be, DD5.1, PLII, etc. The problems start playing back events. NBC= no audio. CBS= only center channel. Once I even got the SAP for the hard of hearing. Tried recording part of the WS on Fox, got Spanish audio.

S~

Workaround

I found this over on another forum. It doesn't work for recorded events, but has worked for me when having audio problems watching OTA live.

Menu>6>9
Scroll over and highlight the channel you're watching
Wait for the signal bar to be "locked"
Press "View Live TV"

My local ABC is doubly affected because when I do get audio, it's mono instead of 5.1. This won't fix that issue, but I can deal with mono sound compared to no sound at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts