I want a better antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm kind of in the same boat. Thinking maybe a better antenna would bring in more/better OTA reception. I've read many of the OTA threads, and you see that there has been success with the square shooter, channel master 4228, etc. Sean posted good results with something from Radio Shack--not sure what model. I'd be inclined to go to RS because of the return policy, where they will take back anything without question.

Since antenna performance is tied to location and line of sight, there probably is not a simple answer to "which one should I get", but I hope you get one that you don't have to hit with a long pole. That story cracked me up. Good luck, man.

I agree with StoneMan with regards to RadioShack and it's return policy.

Antennas aren't a new science, but with digital OTA and dealing with things like line of site, multi-path and such, what works for one may not work for another. The Stealth is generally a good antenna for many and it's what I originally bought about a year ago but I found in my urban environment that it did not cut the mustard when it came to my multi-path issues. The Square Shooter I'm using now dealt with my 'issues' and works in my situation.

I'd encourage those within 20 miles of their broadcast towers who don't feel like climbing on the roof and unhappy with the Stealth to give the Silver Sensor a try from a store that has a return policy. It's a dimunitive little wonder.

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)