I want to add a TV what do I need

I get info on a digital converter box, It gives the name of the program and what is next. It also gives a description. I can live with it to eliminate a box. The * button worked, thanks

One thing I have found I wish were different is I have an antenna for my local channels and I can't get the show info or have control over the picture format
On a brand new receiver, you scan in your locals and they'll be there to watch immediately. But the Dish guide info will not appear until the receiver updates, usually when it's off. You can force an update by doing a check switch. Note that not all stations are carried by Dish, so those may not have guide data. The PSIP data that your converter box shows you is (mostly) discarded by the receiver in favor of the 9-day EEPG.

I think I am going to like it. One thing I have found I wish were different is I have an antenna for my local channels and I can't get the show info or have control over the picture format

You should get that info tomorrow. It seems it needs 1 overnight download for that info to appear. I just replaced my 722 2 weeks ago and that's what happened.

You should get that info tomorrow. It seems it needs 1 overnight download for that info to appear. I just replaced my 722 2 weeks ago and that's what happened.

Its been two days now and no info. I guess I'll have to live with it without the info, I also tried the check switch force

After you ran the Check Switch, did you actually select the Test button, then Done? Did you then get the Acquiring Sat Signal Screen?

After you ran the Check Switch, did you actually select the Test button, then Done? Did you then get the Acquiring Sat Signal Screen?

I remember the acquiring sat screen but I don't remember the test button

after I got home I checked what I did and I did select the test button. So I have had two overnight updates and two forced updates, still no info.

after I got home I checked what I did and I did select the test button. So I have had two overnight updates and two forced updates, still no info.

do it again. If it does not work, which it should, then call Dish. But you seem to be the only one who can't get it.

Last edited:
I think all those updates should have filled in your guide if it ever will. Something is wrong somewhere. Are you subscribed to Dish satellite locals? What is your zip and where does Dish think you live?

I think all those updates should have filled in your guide if it ever will. Something is wrong somewhere. Are you subscribed to Dish satellite locals? What is your zip and where does Dish think you live?

I am on an antenna, zip 25330, I hope they know where I live.

According to my quick check of the Dish website, you should get these local channels via satellite:

CHARLESTON FOX-WVAH IN HD
CHARLESTON ION-WLPX
CHARLESTON CBS-WOWK IN HD
CHARLESTON NBC-WSAZ IN HD
CHARLESTON CW-WQCW
CHARLESTON PBS-WPBY
CHARLESTON PBS-WOUB
CHARLESTON ABC-WCHS IN HD
CHARLESTON PBS-WPBO

If you are not getting these channels via satellite, then Dish has you set up wrong and a nice Dish TSR will need to fix it. You may also get these channels OTA in all their digital perfection including HD where available as well as all subchannels, none of which are on satellite. I presume that some or all of the above, when you tune them in OTA, are the ones for which no guide exists. Dish will have to fix this.

According to my quick check of the Dish website, you should get these local channels via satellite:

CHARLESTON FOX-WVAH IN HD
CHARLESTON ION-WLPX
CHARLESTON CBS-WOWK IN HD
CHARLESTON NBC-WSAZ IN HD
CHARLESTON CW-WQCW
CHARLESTON PBS-WPBY
CHARLESTON PBS-WOUB
CHARLESTON ABC-WCHS IN HD
CHARLESTON PBS-WPBO

If you are not getting these channels via satellite, then Dish has you set up wrong and a nice Dish TSR will need to fix it. You may also get these channels OTA in all their digital perfection including HD where available as well as all subchannels, none of which are on satellite. I presume that some or all of the above, when you tune them in OTA, are the ones for which no guide exists. Dish will have to fix this.

The only info I get for the OTA channels is the call letters, This is what I get for the NBC Channel 003-01 WSAZ Digital Service . Should I be getting the show name and description?

Yes you should! The guide for the OTA stations looks much like, if not identical to, the guide information for the same channel on satellite. It should go out 9 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts